MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to transform the building industry with better building solutions. In 1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today, MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and automated solutions that enable the building industry to improve efficiencies by optimizing the balance between off-site and on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001, MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more at .
MiTek's software solutions allow our customers in the residential and commercial building industry the ability to optimize their business workflow and design in the production of homes and commercial spaces. MiTek strives to create transformative solutions for the building industry and our UI Designer will help create effective user interface designs for MiTek software.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
* Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
* Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
* Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design initiatives across multiple product offerings
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and application maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
* Assist in conducting user research and evaluate user feedback
* Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
* 3-5 years of proven UI design experience
* Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
* Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Strong understanding of it is to implement good use of whitespace in our UI/UX offerings
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma or other visual design and wire-framing tools
* Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
* Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
* Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 .