UI Designer (Figma Essential) - Remote within the UK
My client is looking for a UI Designer to join their expanding team and help continue the innovation of their multiple platforms. This role would suit someone who has experience with UI/Figma and wants a pivotal role in shaping the companies look as part of their ambitious growth plans?
You will be driven by the desire to take ownership of their websites, apps and digital products from a UI perspective, ensuring they all share common components and are shining examples of best practice.
It's essential that you are a true advocate of building and maintaining a design system in Figma, caring deeply about how this simplifies the process of building slick UI across new products as well as refining existing tools.
You'd be working very closely with a Head of Design, Product Owner and UX Designer to help ensure your ideas /designs fit perfectly with their other marketing channels. You will then have a development team who will bring your ideas to life through Bootstrap and Material Design principles in addition to their unique coding skills.
* Deep and demonstrable understanding of building a component library
* Focused on owning /applying a design system across new products and existing interfaces
* Keen to develop new ideas regarding best practice or innovations
* Comfortable liaising with a friendly and adaptable Development team specifically on UI, you will be supported by a line manager, to discuss Figmas and explore ideas to help speed up the process of getting new products to market
* You can absorb views and opinions and help shape new products from ideation sessions,
* Comfortable developing your UI designs based on user research, to embedding best practice as ideas develop into final designs.
Nice to Haves
* Able to showcase products you are proud of and not just the final product, demonstrate you understand the journey, your contributions and decision-making approach.
* Confident being able to articulate your ideas as simple sketches, wireframes or lo-fi prototypes as much as you are preparing polished, slick final designs as Figma prototypes
* Knowledge of analytical tools such as Hotjar and Google Analytics or similar is a bonus.
* Life Insurance
* Income Protection
* Critical Illness
* Health Insurance
* Whatever tools you need to make you productive
* 25 days annual leave & Additional holiday purchase (up to 3 additional days annually)
* Flexible/Remote working
* Competitive pension benefits (up to 5% contributory)