We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced private tutor/governess to provide personalized education and care for our 6-year-old child and prepare him for 7+ exams in leading independent schools in London.
The ideal candidate should focus on the educational aspects of childcare including intellectual, emotional and physical development through immersive games, sit-down lessons and well-planned age-appropriate activities. The ideal candidate should have a strong academic background, excellent communication skills, and a passion for teaching and child development. The tutor/governess will be responsible for creating and implementing a customized educational plan, providing academic support, and overseeing the children's daily activities. The chosen candidate will be doing extensive travel with the family, and will be provided shared accommodation with a private bedroom.
- Create and implement a personalized educational plan that meets the children's academic needs and goals.
- Provide academic support and guidance in various subjects, including math, science, English, and social studies.
- Develop engaging and age-appropriate teaching materials, activities, and lesson plans.
- Assist with homework assignments, projects, and test preparation.
- Monitor the children's progress and adjust the educational plan accordingly.
- Foster a positive and stimulating learning environment that encourages intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- Oversee the children's daily activities, including meals, transportation, extracurricular activities, and social events.
- Ensure the children's safety and well-being at all times.
- Communicate regularly with the parents to provide progress updates and discuss any concerns or issues.
To be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in from one of the top UK, US or European universities.
- Native/fluent English speaker.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Minimum 1 year of teaching experience
- Strong academic background and knowledge of various subjects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to create engaging and age-appropriate teaching materials and activities.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to adapt to the children's needs and schedule.
- Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Ability to travel with family wherever they go.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Flexibility with working hours and being able to work 5 days a week.