Title: Training Specialist
Location: BROOMFIELD CO US
ikeGPS is a technology company that operates in the North American utility poles market. One of our products, PoleForeman, is a Structural Analysis Engineering software application used to determine pole length and class in the design of overhead utility lines. The core responsibility for this position is instructing PoleForeman software training classes. To be successful in this role, a candidate must understand the fundamentals of overhead line design, pertinent aspects of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and General Order 95 (GO95).
As an IKE Training Instructor, you will develop and instruct training curriculums on the use of the PoleForeman software as well as provide training for Overhead Distribution Line Design and Joint Use Make Ready Engineering. Your teaching skills, industry knowledge, and subject matter expertise will be used to train personnel who design, construct, and maintain overhead utility lines at electric utilities, engineering firms, and communication companies. In addition, you will host internal training for new hires or other employees who seek to learn.
In this role, you will instruct both virtual and in person training sessions. You will be responsible for updating training content as needed to reflect updates in the software as well as updates in safety codes (NESC / GO95).
While preferably this position will be in Chelsea, Alabama, ikeGPS has a Work Anywhere policy that is an option for this position. Work Anywhere would require reliable high-speed internet as well as access to a major airport for travel.
Training is an opportunity to demonstrate our knowledge and industry expertise, both of which build credibility and future business opportunities for our company.
Key responsibilities & Expected Outcomes
- Develop PoleForeman software training curriculum
- Instruct PoleForeman Training Classes (Virtual and In-Person)
- Develop Overhead Line Design Training Curriculum and content
- Instruct fundamentals of Overhead Line Design Classes
- Manage work schedule, coordinate training dates with clients
- Manage travel arrangements (hotels, cars, flights, etc)
- Maintain public training calendar accessible by sales team / manager
Selection Criteria Essential
- Understanding of and ability to identify overhead communication assets (coax cables, copper cables, fiber cables, messengers, guy wires, power supplies, antenna, amplifiers, spices, etc.)
- Understanding of and ability to identify overhead power distribution assets (poles, guys, brackets, cross arms, insulators, wires, transformers, capacitors, reclosers, regulators, streetlights, arrestors, switches, etc)
- Ability to read and understand IKE Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and IKE Work Instructions (WIs) across multiple projects.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Strong demonstration of accuracy and efficiency in daily work.
- Ability to edit own and other s work for spelling and grammar and able to vary writing style to meet needs.
- Can present numerical data effectively.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Able to supervise and develop others.
- Possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills required to troubleshoot technical issues. Be a customer advocate, passing on feedback or enhancement requests.
- Possess hands-on experience with utilities, communication companies and engineering service providers.
- Have the proven ability to train and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Be a team player who can establish and maintain strong relationships across teams
- Be self-motivated with a proven track record of effectively managing teams.
- Be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base and evolving solutions.
- Be professional, with extremely strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present concepts and ideas to groups of people.
- Engineering Bachelor of Science Degree (BA) from four-year accredited college or university; or ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of engineering principles related to the design of overhead utility pole lines.
- 4+ year work experience designing overhead utility pole lines (engineering firm, electric utility, or communication company).
- Computer skills required: (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Google Docs, Sheets, Earth and Maps)
- Previous experience with pole loading analysis preferred. Applicable programs include: PoleForeman, O-calc, SPIDA-calc, or PLS-CADD
- Experience utilizing IKE products and such as IKE Office and the IKE Device
- Previous experience instructing or teaching training classes