Responsible for the examination of raw title data obtained from the Abstract of Title and other real property documentation (ie: Tax Search/Certification, Tax/Plan Maps, etc.), to effectively determine the risks and exceptions related to the subject property.
Location: This position can be worked 100% remotely. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the examination of title abstracts to determine risks and exceptions as they relate to the subject property.
- Performs risk assessment of subject property findings to ensure proper lien position as expected by the insured.
- Provide operational knowledge and support to ensure adherence to all agency/underwriting and regulatory requirements and guidelines, based on product, underwriter and state specific guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication with all necessary parties involved in the Title Commitment process, from internal customers, Closing Agents/Attorneys, Underwriters and co-workers to ensure a seamless, timely delivery of the preliminary title commitment and/or final title policy.
- Work in conjunction with Closing Agents and Underwriters to clear Schedule B conditions and requirements.
- Immediately notifies all necessary parties of irregularities relative to the preliminary title report and/or final title policy.
- Maintain and practice risk prevention by adhering to established Agency/Underwriter policies and procedures.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Work closely with both Internal and External Customers such as co-workers, Loan Officers/Processors, Underwriters and Closing Agents/Attorneys. Supervisor/Managerial Responsibilities:
None Education and Experience Required:
Associates Degree or two years equivalent work experience.
One to two years prior real estate experience.
Sound understanding of real estate knowledge and terms.
Ability to interpret a property report.
Ability to use internet based applications (ie: PACER, UW Websites , etc.)
Good PC skills with strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Email Platform and Adobe
Education and Experience Preferred:
Ability to make sound decisions based on information provided.
Knowledge of Agency, Underwriter and Lender Requirements.
Versatility and flexibility working within an ever changing fast paced mortgage environment.
Adapting to new policies and procedures to improve processes and workflow.
Ability to function independently within time constraints.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly organized with the ability to multitask.
Strong attention to detail.
Prioritization of daily workload.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Strong work ethic, reliable and dependable. Location
Getzville, New York, United States of America