The Tier 3 Systems Engineer – Security Lead will be responsible for providing real-time incident response and threat hunting within their production cloud environment. The candidate will report to senior management and collaborate and lead other customer teams including security operations, operations engineers, and analysts.
The candidate will manage escalations from other analysts, further analyzing possible and confirmed security threats. The position requires the ability to prioritize and triage incoming requests.
While operations roles bring new challenges every day, example responsibilities include:
· At least 2 years of experience in an information technology role
· At least 2 years of experience with security analysis or forensics with popular virtual machine operating systems like Windows, Linux, or Unix
· At least 1 year of operations experience supporting a production cloud environment
· Proficiency with at least one of AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure, and eagerness to learn the others
· Experience analyzing, investigating, and responding to security incidents in the cloud
· Understanding of network fundamentals, common Internet protocols, and APIs
· Strong understanding of cloud architecture and security principles
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
· Ability to review and follow checklists and guidance for best security practices
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following qualifications:
Professional cloud architect or security specialty certifications (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
Familiarity with an enterprise SIEM like Splunk, Chronicle, Sentinel
Familiarity with XDR security tools like CrowdStrike Falcon, SentinelOne
Familiarity with multi-cloud security tools like Wiz, Orca
Familiarity with security orchestration automation and response (SOAR) tools like Phantom (Splunk), Chronicle, Cortex
Experience with Python or bash scripting
Understanding of common cloud network infrastructure, including firewalls and security groups, routing, VPNs, and DNS within the cloud
We are looking for more than technical skills!
Security operations delivery isn’t just about tech chops. The ideal candidate for this position will:
▪ Undergraduate degree or Technical Certification in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related STEM based curriculum
▪ Experience or certification in Computer Systems Security, Network Security, Security Policy Management, User Identity Management.
NOTE: Candidates from all disciplines are encouraged to apply, as we recognize many viable paths to success