Skillable is the virtual labs platform built to adapt quickly in the face of constant change. A three-time Inc. 500 company, Skillable believes validated experiences and challenge-centric learning will transform the way organizations upskill their customers, partners and employees. Industry leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon, IBM, Veritas, Global Knowledge and New Horizons trust Skillable's full stack lab development and hosting platform, generating nearly 5 million lab launches to date in 2021 and more than 20 million lab launches over its tenure.
The leadership team ofSkillable traces its roots back almost 25 years in the Information Technology training industry. Ranging from engaging in the delivery of technical training, creating training content, and managing training organizations across multiple countries, the team has worked and engaged in every facet of technology training, content production, and assessment. During its growth, they have managed multiple successful training delivery companies, pioneered new and innovative ways to build and deliver training, worked heavily in the assessment and testing industry, and managed some of the world's largest training delivery programs by the world's leading software companies.
Skillableis seeking a Senior BA/Scrum Master who will be responsible for delivery of our software development life cycle.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization. To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the USA where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.Reporting Structure
This role reports to the Director of Platform Development for their respective platform(s) and is a member of the Platform Technology Team. You will work closely with the Product and Platform Managers and developers in a highly collaborative, agile environment. At times, you will be required to work directly with customers, or other teams or team members to ensure assignments meet the broader functional and visual requirements, and to gather and define those requirements as needed.Essential Functions
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems, processes, and company needs
- Gather business needs from and with Director of Platform Development (Platform Owner) and key stakeholders including C-Level Executives
- Support and assist Platform Owner with feature and user story definition, prioritization, and ongoing refinement (Azure Dev Ops backlog management)
- Prepare and deliver presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences (includes facilitation of Sprint demonstrations and support for company-wide Production Release demonstrations)
- Assist Platform Owner with promotion, facilitation and implementation of Scrum and Agile training for development teams to enable continued success with current agile transformation and to realize the 'value of Scrum' (Scrum and Agile transformation began in early 2021)
- Act as the liaison between the Platform Owners and the development team members through the solution delivery process/SDLC (includes facilitation of primary Scrum ceremonies for development teams and mitigating risks/removing daily dev blockers)
- Assist Platform Owner and Dev Leads with scope and estimation for proposed solutions leading to accurate cost and timeline estimates
- Determine how changing business needs will affect current systems and processes (outline current vs future state scenarios for feature sets and user stories)
- Provide reporting on software performance and development velocity (Sprint and Scrum team reports where requested by Platform Owner)
- Define/outline high-level Acceptance Criteria and primary functional testing scenarios for features and user stories (Gherkin / behavior-driven-design)
- Perform functional and regression testing where requested, to support QA
- Coordinate software builds through different environments, including the coordination of testing events and deployments
- Ensure that specification documents meet the required business functionality (where applicable)
- Review and approve requested system changes and develop detailed specifications for implementation where applicable (support for QA testers and Platform Owners)
- Identify and analyze non-functional requirements such as system performance, usability, reliability, adaptability, security, legal and other operational aspects.
- Assist users, customers, additional employees and technical support team, in solving both functional and system issues/bugs on an ad-hoc basis (bug triages and diagnosis)
- Provide end-user instruction, training and support to resolve application issues (support for QA, Readiness team, Marketing needs, and Platform Owner, as requested)
- Support applications, client interfaces, development teams, project and change management to realize value from system changes and development
- Identify and coordinate cross-functional dependencies throughout the release cycle.
- Other tasks as assigned by Platform Owner
- Successful candidate must be eager to learn the details of our business and become a true SME in the online-learning industry
- Successful candidate must be flexible with the ability to adapt in a growing organization while undergoing heavy change (Change Management experience and knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with design-thinking and/or desire to support user-experience design is a plus and highly encouraged
- The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working closely with technical and business audiences of all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to think independently to resolve complex system issues
- Adhere to organizational processes and procedures
- Exhibit initiative and drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Take ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned
- Contribute to the organization, processes, teams, and product in a significant manner
- Contribute positively to the working environment
- At least 5 years working as a Business Analyst in an IT environment
- Scrum and/or Agile certification is a requirement
- Experience in documenting complex business requirements and translating them into agile user stories is a must-have
- Experience and comfort in writing primary testing scenarios / Acceptance Criteria is a must-have (Gherkin language preferred)
- Experience working within the Scrum/Agile framework and methodologies
- Experience working in a fully remote team is preferred
- Experience working with offshore teams is a plus but not required
- Experience with API's and technical documentation is a plus but not required
1. Ability to frequently remain in a stationary position.
2. Ability to frequently communicate and exchange accurate information.
3. Ability to constantly operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
4. Ability to move equipment, in excess of 5 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Skillable is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers full-time employees a robust benefit package, to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Healthcare Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Retirement Savings Plan (100% match of employee 401(k) contributions up to 3% of their compensation, then 50% matching contribution of next 2% of employee's compensation), Wellness Program and reimbursement, Travel Assistance Program, Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D, Accident Recovery, Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer Care, Hospital Indemnity, Discount Program, Home Office/Communication Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Personal Time, Holidays, Employee Recognition Programs, Company Trips, and even Pet Insurance!
In accordance with Skillable duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19 or influenza, that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable. All employees are encouraged to receive vaccinations as determined by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.