Sep 13, 2021From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country. For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: Job Summary
Levy Restaurants is the leader in Sports and Entertainment dining, catering such renowned venues at Wrigley Field in Chicago, STAPLES Center and Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Boston Convention and Expo Center and Churchill Downs in Louisville. Levy Restaurants also caters events including Super Bowls, World Series, NASCAR and Formula1 Racing, the Kentucky Derby, the U.S. Open Tennis Tournament and the Grammy Awards.
The Director of Technology Solutions (DTS) is responsible for ensuring that each each venue in their division has the appropriate technology solutions and support in place for successful operations. DTS reports directly to the VP of Technology Strategy & Solutions while being an integral member of the Division President's Operations team.
The DTS will consult with venues on a regular basis to ensure that technology solutions are meeting requirements and expectations. They will communicate needs to technology vendor partners and manage expectations between both parties. The DTS will oversee RFP for technology solutions, manage quotes and procurement of required solutions. This position requires up to 50% travel.Please note, positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.Core Job Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Direct technology and business initiatives across numerous venues in the division, interfacing with senior leadership and executive management to devise technology strategies that aligned with organizational goals.
- Orchestrate team building and development, deploying coaching and mentoring proficiencies to stimulate employee growth and nurture a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Provide oversight for strategic planning and IT roadmap creation, vetting potential additions and expansions to IT infrastructure to maintain adherence to leading best practices.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME) for operations personnel, applying business acumen to discern the desired client experience and devising technical solutions that meet infrastructure needs while remaining within budgetary constraints.
- Interface between key business stakeholders including management, vendors, and other technology resources, fostering collaboration and facilitating achievement of common goals in a timely manner.
- Perform feasibility and cost analysis of new tech system software and hardware.
- Lead and own the building of detailed project plans.
- Utilize impact analysis documents on installations, upgrades and deployments.
- Responsible for managing IT problems and major incidents for the Division ensuring minimal impact to Ops.
- Document a summary of venue activity on a bi-weekly basis to Operations. Leadership.
- Ensuring venues have minimal IT disruption
- Lead IT strategic initiatives and operational planning to achieve business objectives.
- Establish IT planning for all venues within your region. Plan to be presented to VP Tech Strategy / DP start of the year.
- Foster innovation by developing and executing frictionless technology pilots.
- Develop operations standards around specific tech solutions
- Coordinate and own the management of current and future IT systems and technology.
- Develop business case rationalizations and cost-benefit analysis for IT spend, RFPs and initiatives.
- Oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including the parent company, venue, vendor and partner organizations.
Apply to Levy today!Levy is a member of Compass Group USA Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.Associates at Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Minimum Education & Experience: BS in Management Information Systems, Hospitality Management, or equivalent
- Work Experience: 5-7 yrs. working with both application systems and infrastructure, including some in a leadership role
- Experience in multiple account management in a technical environment
- Strong understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Technical knowledge: Microsoft tech stack, LAN/WAN (Cisco, Fortinet), Cloud services (AWS, Azure), POS (Appetize, Bypass, Micros, Quest, and Venue Next)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate both vertically and laterally across company roles
- Experience with SmartSheet or other project management applications a plus
- Experience with PCI compliance preferred
- Experience in the hospitality operations preferred
Req ID: 883110Compass Corporate Mary Dickson SALARIED EXEMPT
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- provided by Dice