At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Test Station Design Engineer to contribute to a team of engineers that develop / upgrade / maintain integration test sites and their subcomponents for use in avionics systems integration laboratories (SILs). The Core Development Team is located in Saint Louis, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
Are you ready to use your analytical, engineering, and problem solving skills in a complex systems development environment? The Core Development team will challenge you with opportunities to grow and enhance your skill set. Position Responsibilities:
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.Export Control:This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Analyze customer and system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches and detailed specifications needed in various SIL test sites / common products for new systems as well as upgrades to existing equipment located in STL as well as at remote locations
- Develop high-level and detailed designs consistent with these requirements and specifications
- Develop and maintain embedded test station software and hardware
- Validate designs through various methods of analysis, peer review, standalone testing
- Identify, track and status technical performance measures to gauge progress / ensure requirement compliance
- Support supplier management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services such as fabrication
- Integrate designs into existing SILs infrastructure
- Provide engineering support to stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of these and existing SIL products
- Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Significant internal and external customer interaction
- Maintain configuration management of test station software
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Currently possess a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience in hardware and software integration testing
- Experience in software architecture and design of embedded software systems
- Working knowledge of Scale Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience with hardware/software integration and testing
- Experience in working with and developing embedded hardware/software architectures
- Experience with avionics (Mux 1553)
- Experience with ClearCase and/or Git is a plus
- Experience with VME racks and embedded PCs a plus
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g.
Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience ). In
the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:
FirstEqual Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.