The Territory Sales Manager – Off Premise will be responsible for in account field level execution with excellence and provide channel expertise. The Territory Sales Manager will manage resources (POS & local budget) and support consumer events and drive brand visibility for the MJUS brand portfolio for the off- premise. This role requires strong communication and influencing skills, and ability to deliver brand education to accounts. The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for proactively managing distributor partners, planning/programming and problem-solving associated with the MJUS brand portfolio. A strong passion for the off- premise is essential for success in this role.
This role will be in the market 80 – 95% (5 days a week in market on average, 2 admin days per month).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Commercial Execution
- Develops local commercial solutions to improve brand execution and image in market – includes: proper distribution of MJUS brands by type and size, merchandising programs, shelf management positions, drink features and promotions.
- Ensures excellent retail execution is being achieved in key accounts.
- Builds Jägermeister and Teremana business in their market according to channel and brand standards with best in class execution.
- Contributes to new ideas and solutions for distributors and retailers in the territory.
- Understands pricing, profit and brand economics at account level.
Maintains Visible, On-going Relationships with Accounts
- Strategically grows sales volume in key designated market area (DMA).
- Identifies key accounts/opinion leaders/influencers within the channel and occasion strategies.
- Conducts staff trainings and tastings in accounts.
- Capitalizes on local trends within designated market to inspire future programming.
- .Executes Jagermeister brand standards centered around a perfect ice cold shot in accounts.
- Executes the defined drink strategies while understanding the ability to flex to account needs to build menus and features.
Analysis and Administration
- Utilizes tools (iDig, Karma, etc.) to analyze ROI and understand the business (e.g., effectiveness of major events, consumer development activities, key account resource allotments, POS effectiveness, etc.).
- Tracks and monitors Point-Of-Sale.
- Sets the example and motivates local distributor network to execute commercial brand and channel priorities.
- Owns relationships with local Distributors at the account level.
- “Be the voice of the brand” promotes and educates history and production of MJUS Brand Portfolio to consumers, accounts, and distributors.
- Highly competitive compensation packages-Range 70-85k Plus 15% annual bonus.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy
- 2 – 5 years of experience in Sales or Marketing, preferably in the spirits and/or beverage industry, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience; College degree preferred
- Strong relationship building skills and collaborative spirit
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven success in formulating account strategies and execute against them to drive results
- Willingness to learn selling the Jagermeister way
- Detail oriented and organized; excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and support numerous projects
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive
- Frequent travel within territory required; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle for travel between accounts within assigned territory
- Must have excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)