Aetea has been asked by their valued client, to assist with their need for a Microsoft 365 GURU. The client and the team you'll be working in are great and offer positive challenges in a dynamic environment.
This person reports to the Sr. Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations, as part of the IT Operations team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Migrate on-premises SharePoint sites and data to SharePoint Online.
- Ensure proper deployment, management, support and training of existing and new Microsoft 365 service offerings.
- Serve as a knowledge expert on Microsoft 365 applications, advising on best practices and third-party integrations.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into appropriate facilitating technologies.
- Administer the Microsoft 365 portal and monitor service health and for alerts, status, etc.
- Respond to and resolve incidents and support requests involving the Microsoft 365 suite of products in a timely manner.
- Provide technology leadership in the management of centralized directories (such as LDAP, AD, AAD) to ensure flexible but granular security levels when applied to organizational data, system processes, organizational employees, and consultants/vendors.
- Assist in the architecture and administration of security policies encompassing all Microsoft 365 and Azure services.
- Develop, audit, and enforce Information Rights Management (IRM) and Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) policies to protect organizational data.
- Ensure adherence to data retention policies while ensuring the availability of data for supporting e-Discovery requirements as needed.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of security solutions within the platform and across various attack vectors.
- Develop and deliver training to the business for new services or capabilities in Microsoft 365.
- Stay abreast of changes and new releases to the Microsoft 365 suite, learning them and implementing as appropriate.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting Microsoft 365 technologies, including Azure AD, SharePoint Online, Teams, and Exchange Online.
- Demonstrated expertise of the Microsoft 365 platform including advanced configuration, diagnostics, and implementation. SharePoint Online expert. Teams expert.
- Be able to develop and improve processes for repeatable implementation, customization, and/or maintenance of Microsoft 365 offerings.
- Microsoft server administration background, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- Experience with authentication methods (Microsoft NPS, multi-factor authentication (MFA), device sign-on methods, manage authentication methods). Must be able to configure and manage Conditional Access Policies.
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility features, including: Intune/Device Manager (MDM), Azure Rights Management, Azure Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 identity (hybrid, cloud, B2B, B2C, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD).
- Experience with data governance, Information Rights Management (IRM), and Data Leak Prevention (DLP) practices and methodologies (Retention policies, data governance reports and dashboards, Information holds, import data in the Security and Compliance Center, manage inactive mailboxes).
- Expertise in core Microsoft 365 technologies, including Exchange Online, Office suite (update rings, deployment, and usage), Office web apps, Teams, Microsoft 365 Groups, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
- Experience with search and investigation (Content search and eDiscovery, export content search results, and manage eDiscovery cases).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required with an ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Strong communication skills and he ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships in a team atmosphere required.
- Effective time management skills and a demonstrated ability to work on and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred: Experience in PowerShell scripting.
- Preferred: Microsoft Certifications, such as Office 365 MCSA, MCSE.
This is a great opportunity to get in with a stable and growing organization that values technology and the people that drive it. There is a lot more we can share with you about the role, so please contact me (or apply) at or through the "apply" function listed. This is an urgent opportunity and the client committed to moving quick when they identify the right person. For more than 30 years, Aetea Information Technology has been the go-to partner for both premier clients and IT professionals alike. As a full spectrum IT Human Capital organization, we have experience in all industries, supporting clients ranging from emerging start-ups to Fortune 50. Our consultants value Aetea for their benefits, length of assignments, sequential employment opportunities, and compensation models; not to mention the attentiveness and world-class support you will receive from the internal Aetea team.
- provided by Dice