At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones is seeking a Department Leader who will be responsible for working closely with security leadership overseeing multiple security operations, technology platforms, applications security and infrastructure. This person will lead our security cloud transformation efforts. By migrating our technology platforms to the cloud, this person will enforce a strong security culture set forth by industry best practices, ensuring uniformity across security leadership, business units, and associates. This Department Leader will instrumental in overseeing the teams responsible in our cloud transformation goals of increased business agility, elastic scalability, enhanced security, and reduction in our support for on-premise commodity solutions.
The Department Leader will be responsible for working across all areas of the Technology division. In addition, this role will have the following responsibilities:
* Be actively informed and engaged in daily security operations
* Demonstrate understanding and comprehension of a wide range of cybersecurity technologies and solutions in both cloud and on premise environments.
* Be involved in disaster recovery and business continuity planning, testing, and validation.
* Offer mentoring to security leadership as needed to support people-first leadership principles.
* Enforce a strong security culture set forth by industry best practices, ensuring uniformity across security leadership, business units, and associates.
* Manage the security budget and additional fiduciary responsibilities.
* Advise on enterprise-wide people, process, and technology security recommendations.
* Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge relating to security threats, vulnerabilities, and mitigations set forth to reduce the corporate attack surface.
* Ensure security projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Sponsor vendor and technology solution selections.
* Require and support independent verification and validation testing of the company networks, data protection through internal team resources and independent consulting engagements.
* In conjunction with security leadership, define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics aligning with business initiatives.
* Provide motivation to security teams and associates to maximize rigorous system security controls.
* Remove complexity and obstacles that hinder efficient security controls enterprise-wide.
* Build relationships with technical and compliance teams to delivery security-by-design controls that are incorporated into projects, architecture, infrastructure and applications.
* Oversee testing and validation of security controls across projects.
* Strategic vision and ability to influence others.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Ability to work effectively with diverse teams and varying personalities and adapt management style to effectively reach and develop the team.
* Demonstrated understanding and comprehension of a wide range of cybersecurity solutions.
* Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience
* 7+ years of experience directly related to Technology Security teams with at least 3+ years of Team Leader responsibilities.
* Applicable knowledge with the National Institute of Technology (NIST) standards, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), International Standards Organization (ISO) standards, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations and frameworks.
* SIE exam completed within 18 months of hire.
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $126903 - $216079