Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Applications Support Subject Matter Expert is the technical professional who receives and investigates high-priority escalated incident tickets for remote and local support. This SME is responsible for delivering technical solutions to the enterprise, prioritizing work tasks, providing end users with information, restoring service, coordinating resources to resolve incidents, deploying software, analyzing and resolving complex cross-functional issues, and escalating tickets to higher levels of support as necessary. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to direct collaborative efforts to ensure timely and complete issue resolution. Must have a working knowledge of IT systems, processes, and terminology. This candidate consistently exceeds customer expectations by providing the highest levels of support to address critical end user technical issues.
- Participate in team projects / initiatives as directed by management.
- Perform security-restricted or complex processes.
- Coordinate cross functional resources and collaborate with peers to resolve problems.
- Develop and manage relationships with all levels of support personnel and external vendors.
- Test, recommend and evaluate new technologies to improve deliverables and achieve organizational goals.
- Anticipate end user issues and implement safeguards to prevent issues.
- Develop proficiency with the software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Support desktop issues at local sites, including installing and upgrading software, installing or replacing hardware, backing up and restoring end user data, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform preventative maintenance on local inventory, including the checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Document and evaluate knowledgebase resolutions and training materials.
- Identify opportunities for training and facilitate the hiring and training of all technical support staff.
- Streamline non-technical tasks and work processes.
- Educate and equip end users to self-resolve issues.
- Maintain and update the Team SharePoint
- Utilize knowledge resources on the Internet and Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Analyze incident trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Monitor the SME work queue and investigate SME incident tickets, provide advanced support, and investigate escalations as directed by management.
- Identify opportunities to reduce total time to close ticket (cradle to grave) and implement solutions to that effect.
- Detect and alert management to emerging trends in incidents and communicate high impact issue discoveries and solutions.
- Manage incoming work requests through direct calls, call center queues, ServiceNow, chat tools, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Escalate incidents when required to the appropriate resource (3 rd level support teams, peer Subject Matter Experts, and application experts.)
- Follow up with end users to confirm complete successful resolution of issues.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of experience working in a corporate 2 nd level Desktop Support environment.
- 6+ years of supporting current Windows operating system (Windows 10).
- 6+ years of supporting Microsoft Office applications.
- 6+ years of experience supporting browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE11, and Safari).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or related work experience.
- Relevant certifications such as ITSM, CompTia A+ certification, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate, etc.
- 2+ years of supporting Microsoft Office 365 / M365.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting VPN and home networks.
- 2+ years of experience supporting an Azure environment.
- Experience managing large scale or high impact end user issues.
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical support call center.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting Adobe products.
- Experience using ServiceNow.
- Experience using Bomgar or other remote support tools.
- Experience supporting and utilizing the Ivanti application suite (Ivanti File Director, Ivanti Environment Manager, Ivanti Application Control Agent) in a corporate environment.
- Proficiency with using and troubleshooting Yubikeys, Smartcards, and Windows Hello.
- Intermediate Powershell scripting skills.
- Experience deploying software or system images using deployment applications such as Altiris, Ghost, or SSCM.
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Management Agent.
- Experience using Event Viewer, Systrack, Process Monitor, SysInternals Suite, to diagnose issues and determine root cause.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here .
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: SME, Subject Matter Expert, Technical, Technical Support, Analyst, Minnetonka, MN, #RPO