Technical Scrum Master (Remote) Enterprise Entertainment Domain
- Guides and coaches the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Acts as a leader who coaches and supports Agile teams assigned to build and deploy new, cutting-edge features for our Shopify storefronts and consumer facing websites as well as interfaces to eCommerce and consumer marketing systems and platforms.
Job Requirements / Essential:
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e., Scrum, Kanban) and understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Solid knowledge of all web technologies, especially web services, web applications, Service Oriented Architectures, and network/web protocols
- In depth understanding of Shopify or general eCommerce platforms and consumer marketing technologies
- Experience with authentication and authorization technologies a plus
- Working knowledge of understanding penetration frameworks and fuzzers
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance testing
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Velocity reporting/capacity planning
- Promote Agile best practices
- Migration onto new platform part of Shopify stack, re-factoring eComm platform, deliverables bound to for US stack
- Working within Ecommerce on new features and development
- provided by Dice