- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE
- FULL TIME
Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business’ ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong recruiter with engineering chops to join our growing startup! We currently have 30+ engineers and aimed at doubling in the coming year. You will be in charge of that growth strategy, leading full life cycle recruiting for all of our engineering roles both locally in San Francisco and remote.
- Collaborate with our engineering team to identify areas of need and help create hiring plans to meet them.
- Manage full cycle engineering recruiting processes to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience for both San Francisco and remote locations.
- Develop a sourcing strategy to go out into the market to find good engineers.
- Be the go-to person when the engineering team needs to open a new role.
- Partner with hiring manager to write all new job descriptions.
- Work with candidates and our engineers to drive a quick interview process, including candidate sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, salary recommendations and negotiations, and the closing of candidates.
- Work with management and the recruiting team to develop new recruitment strategies and ensure best practices are followed.
- Assist in miscellaneous recruiting projects, adding new recruiting tools, etc.
- Leverage hiring data and industry trends to optimize hiring and closing capabilities.
- You have 3+ years of full cycle engineering recruiting experience.
- You have 1+ years experience of hiring for remote engineering teams.
- You have developed a good set of indicators to distinguish between good and average engineers.
- You can competently describe what a React / Golang developer does and how they all fit together on an engineering team.
- A strong close record (over 80%). You know what it takes to get a candidate to take our job.
- Able to utilize data to influence hiring decisions and trends.
- You have an intrinsic drive to be successful.
- You have the technical expertise to be able to demonstrate the product and explain the business and economic benefits.
- Patient, communicative, and collaborative team player that is detail-oriented and has great interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Lever is a plus
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- Dog are welcomed in the office
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Free lunch / drinks / snacks
- Fun team events outside of work hours – happy hours, escape room adventures, hikes, and more!