Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit for more information.
Do you want to help a rapidly ascending FinTech company drive its next phase of growth? If so, Avant is looking for you. We're building a best-in-class product organization, and there's a lot of opportunity to grow your skills and your career here. Come join us! Avant is looking for a Technical Product Manager who will be responsible for leading the future of our mobile platform. This is an exciting time to join as this TPM will be working on key innovation initiatives that will be influencing the future of Avant's technology strategy. This position will report to the Director of Technical Product Management.
This position is Remote Eligible.What you will do at Avant:
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Define the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for the mobile platform
- Research the technical landscape, evaluate potential technology partners and provide perspective and insights on the technical product direction
- Demonstrate high empathy for our customers and incorporate their needs into your roadmap
- Product development lead for an Innovation Pod which will include managing all aspects of product development (examples include requirements gathering, AC writing, partnering with developers/designers, user acceptance validation, documentation)
- Oversee prioritization of product backlog, working with all departments to ensure alignment and timely/successful delivery
- Partner closely with the Avant Innovation Team by creating and executing product development plans to deliver on key innovation initiatives
- Establish product guiding principles and standards for your technology services
- Define and measure KPIs
- BS/BA degree. MBA is a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product management or engineering leadership roles
- 3+ years of relevant experience working on mobile applications
- Demonstrated experience in defining a product strategy, creating a delivery plan, executing on that plan and learning from iterating on the plan to achieve the desired outcomes
- High customer empathy
- Agile development in a production environment at a startup or tech organization
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers and data scientists to understand the technical scope of products and features
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders across the organization, with an eye towards building cross-functional collaboration and support
- You can craft a coherent product vision, balancing quarterly objectives with longer multi-year strategy that will enable Avant to be successful long-term
- You are excited about building the business of Avant as a cohesive whole, not just building features or products in isolation
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get sh!t done!"
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done... responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.