Technical Marketing Engineer - Austin, TX or Remote US
Join us as a Technical Marketing Engineer in Austin, TX or Remote US to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you'll achieve
Technical Marketing Engineer is a technologist who works with a cross-functional team to ensure that our PowerEdge Systems Management Software Solutions that we bring to market are positioned in a manner that best illustrates the value that we bring to our customers. Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Even the most groundbreaking tech company can't rest on its laurels. In Technical Marketing Engineering, we're focused on increasing Dell's product sales and expanding our market share. We achieve this by developing innovative marketing solutions and communications that clearly articulate the technical and business advantages of our market-leading products and services. Our technically savvy audience want facts not frills, so we write industry white papers, customer presentations, articles and pre-sales material that tell people exactly what they want to know.
* Conducts competitive analysis and research to determine appropriate positioning of services portfolio technical features and capabilities
* Applies deep technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate and develops technical content, proof concepts, third- party analyst benchmarks, and technical papers that span full PowerEdge software solutions portfolio
* Works to gather sales and customer inputs to understand solution and technical needs to develop plans and strategy.
* Drives technical messaging, sales enablement, and solution planning
* Acts as subject matter experts to identify key technical concepts to communicate and determines the best way to package the technical information to a technical-savvy internal/external audience
* Develops compelling technical arguments for customers to consider engaging Dell in addressing their Business/IT needs
* Recognizes and understands customer needs and tailors technical content to meet those requirements
* Deliverables: technical training materials for global field sales team, customer use cases, define performance metrics, white papers, solutions brief, tech videos, demos
* Works with engineering and marketing teams to support new product releases.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
* 8+ years of relevant systems management software solution experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Undergraduate degree and 8+ years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 6+ years relevant experience
* Good understanding of how customers manage their IT infrastructure
* Strong knowledge of IT industry, future technology trends, and direction
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
* Prior technical marketing experience or engineering background is preferred
Here's our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.