Civica India is seeking a creative and self-motivated Technical Lead with considerable exposure to multiple technologies and platforms and who is keen to join a multi-cultural software company. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, writing, maintaining and testing code. Additionally they will lead, monitor, mentor and allocate development tasks to developers, act as a conduit between onshore and offshore resources ensuring requirements are understood and communicated, software quality is high and deadlines are met.
In general, travel to the UK/Australia could be one visit every 2 years. This can be at short notice and this frequency is not guaranteed as all travel is based on a clear business or project requirement. A passport is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create mid-level design and produce clear and concise documentation. Take responsibility for that design and ensure that all work on the project conforms to it.
- Contribute to technical discussions around the fulfilment of requirements.
- Conform to Civica’s Secure Software Development Lifecycle implementing security best practice.
- Provide accurate effort estimates for your own work and work delegated to others.
- Contribute to planning and prioritisation of work.
- Develop and maintain code to a high standard.
- Write high performing code and database queries.
- Assess the most appropriate technology to meet the requirements in an efficient manner.
- Identify the most appropriate design pattern to develop components, which also meets the requirements for Test-driven development.
- Identifying and promoting use of static code analysis tools within team to achieve high standard code.
- Communicate and/or present concepts and ideas to other stakeholders.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Work within timescales and costs set by the Project Manager.
- Perform unit and integration testing of work.
- Perform code review.
- Comply with Civica’s ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Must have minimum 6+ years of relevant experience with 8-10 overall experience.
- Fluent in spoken English and able to take part in meetings and discussions.
- Proactive personality and able to work autonomously.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
- The ability to work to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work at detailed and abstract levels.
- Ability to guide junior team members.
- Track record of delivering commitments on time and quality.
- Good leadership quality.
Benefits | Life at Civica: Life at Civica is fun and flexible. We have the following benefits that make us – one of the top employers of choice and a great place to work.
Civica Foundation | Giving Culture: We encourage our people to take advantage of our Days of Difference initiative that makes a lasting impact in the community through goodness and charity.
Civica Culture | Work life balance and Blended working: Flexible working, less commuting and more time with friends and family gives a perfect work life balance to our people.
Learning and Development | Growth Opportunities: Civica has a unique 70:20:10 learning model, which supports your learning demands in an interesting, challenging & fun way!
- Employee Wellbeing: Being a people-first company, we have integrated health and wellbeing benefits for our members and their family. We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day-to-day life.
- Generous Leave Policy: Civica allows you to take time off from work with generous leave benefits.
- Rewards and Recognition: We recognise and appreciate our colleagues for their contribution by monetary/non-monetary recognitions and rewards.
- Tenure Milestone Recognition: We value and recognise the years of service of our people.
- Employee-led Affinity Groups: Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community.
- Days-of-Difference: Every year Civica colleagues are encouraged to use up to three days of fully paid leave, to volunteer at a charity of their choice
‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
Great Place to Work: We are dedicated to create an outstanding employee experience.
Financial Times - Diversity Leader 2023: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Civica is a Diversity Leader, ranked as one of the top European companies for workplace diversity and equality - Financial Times 2023.
Civica is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture where diversity thrives, and all of our people excel. We believe that diversity stimulates innovation, enables us to deliver better outcomes for people and communities, supports the growth of our people, and delivers great results for our customers. Civica recruit, promote and reward our people based on their contribution, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion/belief, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.Requirements
- Object oriented programming concepts (any language)
- Object orientated PHP
- Relational Database
- Technical Analysis and feasibility study of requirement
- Web security principles (OWASP)
- Unit testing (experience with PHPUnit preferred)
- HTML, CSS, web-standards
- Responsive UI implementation
- Agile implementation methodology
- Bootstrap (or other SCSS/SASS framework)
- GIT Version
- No-SQL/Azure Devops tools