A Lead Developer experienced in the latest .NET and Azure technologies is required by a leading UK Microsoft Gold Partner Consultancy based in West Sussex.
Ballard Chalmers specialises in software design, development and ongoing support for enterprise systems on the Microsoft platform for deployment on the Microsoft Cloud, as well as on-premises and hybrid systems. Our areas of expertise are: Microsoft .NET & Azure, SQL Server and BizTalk Server. With over 30 years of industry experience and as a Microsoft Partner with 5 Gold Competencies, we have a well-earned reputation for delivering our expert services.
We are looking for a "hands-on" Technical Lead with solid Architect experience who likes to get involved in all aspects of the development cycle. You should have 15+ years of software development experience and should be able to use your knowledge and expertise to provide solutions to complex business problems. You will be someone with Microsoft Consultancy Practice experience.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication skills and client-facing experience
- Up to date and highly proficient in core Microsoft technologies: .NET Core. C#, T-SQL, MVC, Web API
- Solid knowledge of single page application design and frameworks such as Angular and React
- Understanding of implementing and managing automated testing
- Good understanding of the Azure infrastructure and key services such as Azure Functions, Logic Apps, App Services, SQL Azure and CosmosDB
- Experience with Azure DevOps CI/CD Build and Release pipelines.
- Understanding of Lean/Agile methodologies
- Clear ability to technically mentor, improve & inspire others as the team grows
We are specifically looking for someone that has the ability to:
- Lead the design and architecture of high-quality, complex systems and software
- Prepare, review and analyse software specifications for complex products and systems
- Provide accurate resource, schedule and cost estimating for software development and deployment projects
- Lead the development, test and integration of complex systems involving multiple teams and third parties
- Interact with clients and third parties and provide the bridge between technical and non-technical elements of the project delivery
Software Development: 15 years (Preferred)
Architect: 2 years (Preferred)
Azure: 3 years (Preferred)
Benefits of Ballard Chalmers
At Ballard Chalmers, you work with experienced professionals at the top of their game. As Microsoft specialists, we are very tech-specific, meaning you can use your deep Microsoft technical expertise to solve a variety of interesting and challenging technical/business requirements. We do not micro-manage and pride ourselves in hiring the best, and then letting you do what you do best.
Being a small company, you will be able to spend your time developing and not in administrative tasks. Additionally, you will be able to work directly with our very experienced CTO, Geoff Ballard.
We have developers celebrating 10 and 15 year anniversaries with us this year nothing can demonstrate better our commitment to creating a company where you will enjoy working.