Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. Heavily leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS), we build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We're looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Technical Lead at Cloudbeds, you will head our company-wide data strategy across all teams and departments to deliver a best in class experience to our customers and partners in over 150 countries, as well as internally within Cloudbeds. With scalability, performance, and security top of mind, you will lead data architecture, technology, and workflows across our services to coalesce data sources internal and external to create and evolve the platform powering the strategy. You will collaborate very closely with leadership, engineering, product, sales, customer success, finance, and customers to align our data strategy with short and long term business goals. As the Technical Lead of data strategy at Cloudbeds, you will have endless opportunities to innovate and drive the industry leading, comprehensive, and global data experience for travel.Location:
US (Remote)What You Will Do:
You'll Succeed With:
- Design, build, and lead the best data user experience in travel.
- Own and drive data architecture, technology, and workflows.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align our data strategy with business strategy.
- Manage ingest and consumption models, alignment, and expansions.
- Translate our data vision into an actionable strategy and roadmaps, and own execution.
- Collaborate with, equip, and empower many teams to join you in implementing the data strategy, and ensure their success.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Architect in AWS.
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering.
- 3+ years experience leading data strategies and teams.
- Experience translating business vision into company-wide data strategy.
- Experience executing company wide data strategies and workflows.
- Expert knowledge and experience with data storage, transformation, and delivery technologies.
- Expert knowledge and experience implementing data-first architectures.
- Strong knowledge of data lake, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Expert knowledge and experience developing and running ETL data pipelines of multiple sources and targets.
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS RDS, Glue, EMR, Redshift, Athena, and LakeFormation.
- Strong leadership, communication, and time management skills.
- Strong business sense and ability to collaborate with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on highly visible projects.
- Experience working in agile software development environments.
- A passion for and an ability to thrive in fast paced environments
- A passion for leading teams in delivering exceptional solutions.
- A passion for data-driven decision making (metrics, experiments, prototypes)
- Ability to work remotely and effectively manage your time.
- Advanced English verbal and written skills.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal and professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
- Best Startup Employers in 2020 | Forbes
Powered by JazzHR