Technical Business Analyst / Title Insurance & Real Estate Industries (REMOTE)
Our East Coast based Title Insurance client is looking for a strong Technical Business Analyst with experience in the Real Estate industry in a remote capacity.
We seek a candidate with experience "working as a business analyst specializing in technology within the real estate industry". This may include a variety of past roles involved with: Title Insurance, Law, Mortgage & Lending, Settlement, Title Services, and Real Estate agencies or Investors.
Someone who has worked with third party software providers that target these vertical markets would be highly considered for this role.
As business analyst, you would work closely with the business stakeholders and the technology group to help them maintain and enhance their existing products and build new ones. The right candidate will partner with our client's external and internal customers along with the application development team to continuously advance the applications that support their agent base. The Business Analyst ensures that our client's applications are highly reliable, scalable, and configurable to meet the needs of their clients. The ideal applicants should have a clear understanding of the title insurance industry, including the regulatory environment, and is able to leverage this knowledge to support technology teams and customers.Responsibilities
- Work with the business to document, clarify, and suggest improvements to the applications used
- Elicit, evaluate, and document requirements from the customers
- Work with the technical team to determine appropriate/optimal solutions
- Work with the Project management team to create documentation that describes the solution: design, use cases, screen shots, etc.
- Work collaboratively with clients, the implementation team, Product Managers and the Development team
- Gather, understand and document both functional and business requirements
- Create detailed functional specifications, user stories, acceptance criteria for product and process enhancements
- Clearly communicate development objectives, needs and status of projects to internal stakeholders
- Coordinate and participate in front-end testing when required and the testing of custom configurations
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for our client's applications to conduct live customer training sessions and provide internal knowledge transfer and support
Education And/Or Experience
- Proficient in problem solving, interviewing, and fact finding.
- Minimum five years' experience as a technical Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
- Able to diagnose, escalate, and solve issues and risks.
- Experience and understanding of title insurance policy processing solutions
- Experience with user story and issue tracking solutions (Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc.)
- Self-starter who seeks new challenges and responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work well independently and with a team.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- BS in Management Information Systems or similar degree preferred, but not required depending on equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in: MS Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Various Development Methodologies (waterfall, agile), various application testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of basic software architectures, basic network/infrastructure architectures.
- CBAP certification is a plus (or working towards it)