The existing team is comprised of contract and Civil Service resources. The specialist will be expected to be embedded into the Digital team as well as working with the other members of the business.
The Architect Team consists of a Lead Technical Architect, a Cloud Architect, an Associate Technical Architect and this role.
· Design new systems, services and technical architectures in collaboration with technical teams
· Produce high-level systems documentation for technical teams to follow, for governance purposes and for accreditation purposes
· Work with technical teams to understand the technical impact of change, the limitations of current systems and the gaps between implemented functionality and desired functionality
· Innovation in creating low-cost, sustainable solutions that yield a low Total Cost of Ownership
· Mentoring and guiding colleagues through Architecture and technical disciplines
· Candidate will be working remotely to start. Once the Scottish Government confirms the return to office-based working, it is expected we will return to the office on a part time basis/as required.
· The specialist will be expected to attend meetings using MS Teams or once office working resumes, face to face.
· Make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, MS Teams, Miro, Confluence and Jira).
Key Skills / Experience
· Experience with AWS (in last two years), ideally hands-on, but an ability to follow AWS architectures and technical conversations will be sufficient
· Experience with one or more of (in last five years): Java, Spring, MySQL, MariaDB
· Experience with Agile, ideally Scrum or KanBan
· Fast learner - able to land in the role and be self-sufficient in seeking out stakeholders and understanding the technical landscape
· Ability to work in complex, changing environments across multiple streams of work, working with multiple stakeholders
· Experience of mentoring others