Can be full time remote.. May occasionally want the Architect on site for a week in Bethesda MD
Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Mainframe Services, the Technical Architect - Mainframe will be accountable for executing against the client's roadmap for providing IT infrastructure for the construction of customer and enterprise products & platforms when delivered on Mainframe. The Technical Architect - Mainframe will also perform research, analysis, design, and creation of products and services within a service catalog that contributes to continuously maturing of the client's Cloud Program while enabling the Customer Facing and Enterprise Products/Platforms solution through partnership with Enterprise Architecture. These will include items such as the establishment of a Cloud Asset Management Platform, facilitating the normalization of billing, provisioning, and capacity management. This role will partner closely with Cloud architects to converge cloud footprints into an enterprise-grade hybrid cloud.
· 8-10 years' experience in Information Technology (IT) engineering
· 5+ years' architecture including all or some of the following:
o Mainframe Network Connectivity Design, zTPF, zOS, zVM, zLinux, EMC storage systems, MongoDB
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
· 5 years' experience as a technology leader influencing the technologies such as those listed below
· Experience in developing and implementing strategic IT technologies and related processes, procedures, and decision support.
· Experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
· Excellent technical knowledge of current infrastructure systems and standards.
· Experience in varied technologies (e.g. telecommunications, client server architecture, eCommerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, etc.)
· Experience in project definition and management.
· Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies.
· Experience with communicating technology issues and strategies to non-technical stakeholders
· Strong knowledge of the best available tools, software, applications, and systems for attaining best-in-class IT technology across the enterprise.
· Extensive experience in multiple technical infrastructure design areas and in technology management.
· Experience in core enterprise applications, application development tools.
· Knowledge of system evaluation principles and practices.
· Project planning and management experience.
· Excellent understanding of change management and testing requirements, techniques, and tools.
· Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
· Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
· Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Provides leadership, oversight, governance and strategic direction related to the Service Services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services.
· Provides input to the overall architecture, governance model
· Provides technical leadership, oversight, standardization and validation of the effectiveness of the infrastructure servers
· Researches, designs, and implements high-performing software components that are standards-based, highly available and secured, delivering the required business functionality.
· Educates internal and external users of the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how best to operate and support the infrastructure services.
· Provides documents with a focus on how services will be leveraged in the solution architecture.
· Participates in the evaluation and selection of Service Services products.
· Work closely with the enterprise architect to facilitate alignment of plans with what is being delivered.
· Institutes governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
· Leads analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement.
· Leads analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine the potential impact on the Service Services architecture.
· Supports Solution and Domain Architecture by providing architecture direction in terms of technology, software and infrastructure for projects in the delivery life cycle
· Utilizes capability modeling to align collaboration strategy and planning with business strategy and goals.
· Promotes the benefits of Service Services to the organization educate the team on middleware concepts.
· Consults with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify Service Services to accommodate project needs.
· Consults with architecture teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
· Oversees the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
· Defines, designs, implements and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes and practices.
Managing the Day-To-Day Data Architecture
· Develops and delivers long-term strategic goals for technology architecture vision and standards in conjunction with Service Providers, data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
· Assesses and determines governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing technology across the organization.
· Creates short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall technology management roadmap.
· Conducts technology life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
· Identifies and develops opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
· Verifies that technology strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
Developing and Maintaining Requirements and Standards
· Develops and promotes technology management methodologies and standards.
· Defines requirements for Service Providers for implementing the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support appropriate technology goals.
· Defines requirements for Service Providers for establishing methods and procedures for tracking technology quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement in collaboration with the Service Providers.
· Defines requirements for Service Providers to address technology-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
· Defines requirements for Service Providers to develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of technology architecture.
· Defines requirements for Service Providers for documenting the technology architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger technology picture.
Building Successful Relationships
· Collaborates with Project Managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
· Acts as a leader and advocate of technology management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
· Liaises with vendors and Service Providers to select the products or services that best meet company goals.
- provided by Dice