The ideal candidate will be looking to join a fast-growing Private Equity backed SaaS-based software company. You should be a problem solver and self-starter who utilizes data to drive projects to completion. The successful candidate will display a balance of technical and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs. This role will report to the Controller and interface with the FP&A team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical accounting guidance and advice on highly visible transactions that are impactful to the organization's overall objectives
- Analyze non-recurring transaction agreements and apply critical thinking to develop appropriate accounting conclusions to transactions containing ambiguous deal terms that require interpretation or judgment
- Review valuation reports from 3rd party specialists, challenging significant assumptions and ensuring mathematical accuracy
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting pronouncements, including collaborating with the broader finance organization to ensure effective implementation
- Support the month-end close process by preparing or reviewing account balances with estimation uncertainty
- Support the quarterly and annual financial statement disclosure of complex and judgmental transactions, such as business combinations
- Manage the coordination of annual audit activities of external auditors, as needed
- Perform key control activities identified for relevant accounting areas
- Evaluate and implement new accounting standards
- Ensure the application of GAAP to complex transactions
- Consult on impact of new accounting policy changes and advise on the impact on the company
- Effectively liaise with various Business Unit leaders and the greater Accounting & Finance team
- Design, implement, and document policies and procedures
- Apply relevant guidance and draft accounting memos to support conclusions
- Manage and oversee GL activity/reconciliations.
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and partner with stakeholders to operationalize accounting policies and procedures.
- Draft accounting policy memos and ensure policies are up to date with latest authoritative guidance
- Research and implement technical accounting guidance and related processes to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Prepare schedules to support accounting guidance provided on complex accounting guidance (i.e. Debt and Purchase Accounting)
- Perform analysis and technical accounting research related to revenue recognition, software capitalization, lease accounting, equity transactions, fx issues, and other non-routine transactions that may arise.
- Own the preparation of financial statements and footnotes.
Required Skills & Qualification
- 4 years experience with technical accounting / financial reporting
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP Accounting)
- Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments