At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Team Leader plans, directs, and leads a team of associates and contractors responsible for operation, regulatory compliance, support, development, security, quality, disaster recovery and implementation of technologies.
Align team activities, strategies, responsibilities and objectives with the firms strategic direction.
Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related to the team (e.g. resource management and support processes).
Ensure prudent use of the firms financial resources.
Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to associates through examples and timely feedback.
Develop successors for key positions on their team
Ensure the execution and quality of enhancements, support and projects.
Understanding of the team's systems, processes and technologies
Manages and develops self while internalizing leadership feedback.
Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships across teams, departments, countries, vendors and other divisions.
Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors while aligning to the firms objectives.
Qualifications Required in the Job:
Bachelor's degree preferred or related work experience.
Series 7 License preferred, required within one year of hire.
Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to Information Systems technology with at least 1 year in a leadership role (mentoring associates, lead analyst, project leaders, etc.) preferred.
Required understanding of technologies related to or dependent on the teams systems.
Knowledge of business system interactions, infrastructure dependencies, system controls, monitoring, etc.
Understanding of system development methodologies and processes within IS
(change management, QA, Project Life Cycle, etc.)
Able to appropriately react to system availability issues while leading team resources with appropriate urgency.
Able to look at business objectives and provide solutions to problems that align to the firm's objectives.
Team Leaders will execute a large number of day to day decisions regarding systems within their own area of responsibility.
Team Leaders must be able to lead escalations within the team. These escalations will vary in complexity and often impact other areas.
Span of Influence:
Daily decisions made can impact the entire firm's technology availability, performance, and ability to meet the customers needs (approving system changes, code promotions, etc.).
Team Leaders have a medium impact on strategic decisions.
Duration of impact is normally short-term, immediate effect; most decisions will be executed within a few hours or days.
Typically responsible for six or more associates and/or contractors
Strong relational DB (Oracle and MS SQL) and big data knowledge (Hadoop and snowflake)
Strong working experience with SQL language and Stored Procedures.
Strong working experience with Database schema design and performance tuning.
Experience with messaging platforms including Kafka.
Familiar with standard DevOps process
Strong knowledge on micro service architecture
Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $105753 - $180067
Category: Leadership, Technology