Why Consider JAGGAER?
JAGGAER is the world's leading provider of comprehensive source-to-pay solutions. Some of the largest commercial, manufacturing and life sciences companies and government organizations in the world trust JAGGAER with billions of dollars of annual spend. JAGGAER eProcurement and strategic sourcing customers across the globe have gained access to the best suppliers, with the best terms, on our scalable, customizable, user-friendly platform. Our SaaS-based, source-to-settle solution provides unparalleled visibility, insights and recommendations to procurement leaders and suppliers. The result is a fluid supply chain driven by powerful spend analysis, comprehensive contract management and efficient accounts payable solutions.
What We're Looking For:
Are you excited about Big data and Analytics? Would you love the opportunity to design and build data pipeline technologies that will power the next generation advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities? Does solving complex data management problems motivate you? If yes, we are looking for you!
JAGGAER is looking for a Team Lead to join our Data Engineering team and help build next generation datalake and data pipeline solutions. You will lead a team of highly skilled data engineers responsible for designing and implementing a scalable datalake/data pipeline solution utilizing various data extraction and transformation technologies. You will provide technical leadership, prioritize and manage day to day technical work of a team of data engineers. You will be core part of a broader Data, Analytics and ML team with the opportunity to make a significant impact to the broader data initiative within the company.
What You Will Do:
* Provide technical leadership to a team of data engineers by managing technical aspects of day to day work (No people management responsibilities)
* Contribute, as part of a team, in designing, testing, and implementing sophisticated data pipeline technologies to extract and transform data from source systems
* Perform data-modeling on target systems to store data and support analytic querying
* Communicate with other development teams to gather and document requirements
* Work in Agile methodology, help manage work in JIRA and lead/participate in design and review discussions
* Help create/follow best practices for the software development life-cycle including coding standards, reviews, source management, build and testing
* Collaborate with other engineers in the team to implement best-practices around large scale data processing
What You Will Bring:
* 3+ years of experience as a technical manager or as a team lead
* 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role working with large data sets and ETL processes
* 7+ years of industry experience in software development
* Knowledge and practical use of a wide variety of RDBMS technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server or Oracle
* Strong SQL experience with an emphasis on analytic queries and performance
* Experience with cloud-based data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery
* Familiarity with either native database or external change-data-capture technologies
* Practical use of various data formats such as CSV, XML, JSON, and Parquet
* Use of Data flow and transformation tools such as PDI, Apache Nifi or Talend
* Implementation of ETL processes in languages such as Java, Python or NodeJS
* Use of large shared data stores such as Amazon S3 or Hadoop File System
* Thorough and practical use of various Data Warehouse data schemas (Snowflake, Star, OLAP cube)
* Experience with various "NoSQL" technologies such as MongoDB or ElasticSearch
* Practical experience with Public Cloud Services such as AWS/Azure/GCP a plus
About Our Benefits
JAGGAER offers you a flexible schedule & an exceptional work/life balance. We offer a generous benefits package including employee and family health, dental and vision coverage, reimbursement accounts for eligible medical expenses; company-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits; retirement plan with company match and unlimited paid time off benefits. Additional benefits include education and well-being reimbursements.
JAGGAER offers equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status and other protected class characteristics.