BDO's Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Tax Performance Engineering (TaxPE) Manager, as a member of the Tax Performance Engineering team, applies industry knowledge and experience in order to collaborate with clients of the firm and team members to implement tax automation tools.
The Tax Performance Engineering Manager is responsible for marketing, networking and business development as directed. The role is also responsible for assessing client tax departments end-to-end and determining the best areas in need of automation across tax data, process, technology and workforce. Client engagements may include optimization or implementation of existing client tools, custom BDO tax/data solutions or 3rd party vendor solutions. The TaxPE Manager is charged with running engagements from the proposal and scoping phase to overseeing design, build, test and deployment as well as developing training and documentation during the final client hand-off stage. Duties often include ongoing maintenance and consulting as well as providing support to clients' post-implementation, such as on-site or virtual "go-live" or close assistance within new systems. It is expected that there will be some form of attendance, participation in or speaking role at various conferences and events throughout the U.S., Other responsibilities may include collaborating with multiple other offices within the firm to assist other business line engagement teams in delivering tax solutions to their clients as well as supporting the firm through development of new internal tax solutions or consulting and training on existing internal tax processes, technologies and applications. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Technology, preferred.
- Graduate degree, preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience with technology or tax systems, required
- ASC 740 tax accounting, consulting or income tax compliance preferred
- CPA certification, Attorney (admitted to practice in a U.S. jurisdiction), or Internal Revenue Service Enrolled Agent ("EA") (or the equivalent of one of these designations) preferred
- Alteryx, RPA or other Analytics software certification, preferred
Experience with one or ideally multiple of the below software/tools preferred:
- Systems such as Oracle, Thomson Reuters, ONESOURCE, Longview, Corptax or GoSystems
- RPA tools ((UiPath, Blue Prism, PowerAutomate, Automation Anywhere, WinAutomation, etc.)
- ETL tools (Power Query, Power Pivot, Tableau Prep, etc.)
- Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, required; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work well remotely
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people skills, including training/instruction with professionals at all levels
- Executive presence and the ability to be primary contact for the client, prepare and conduct presentations to clients and potential clients
- Strong client development/relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated sound decision-making skills
- Ability to work within teams
- A basic understanding of international tax concepts as they impact reporting in accordance with ASC 740
- A basic knowledge and skill level in engagement management including but not limited to, preparation of budgets, project plans, engagement letters, billing and collection, etc.
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to travel 15-30% of the time Multiple Locations
Akron, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boca Raton, Boston, Boulder, Charlotte, Cherry Hill, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Coral Gables, Dallas, Des Plaines, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Worth, Gardner, Grand Rapids, Greater Philadelphia, Greater Washington D.C - Potomac, Greater Washington D.C. - McLean, Greenville, Harrisburg, High Point_BDO Collections, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo, Lakeland, Laramie, Las Vegas, Long Island, Los Angeles, Madison, McLean, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Norfolk, Oak Brook, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Richmond, Rosemont, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Ramon, Seattle, Spokane, St. Louis, Stamford, Tampa Bay, Tulsa, Valhalla, Washington, DC, West Palm Beach, Wilmington, Winter Haven, Woodbridge