This is a REMOTE position!
The Tax Senior / Manager will be responsible for preparing and review a variety or returns and reports for clients, ranging from income and non-income tax returns to Secretary of State annual reports, and income tax provisions. Additionally, this role will be responsible for evaluating and determining a client's registration and tax and regulatory filing requirements, building a calendar around those requirements, and assisting the client in fulfilling those requirements. This person will be involved in developing and implementing department policies and templates. Training will be provided. Part or full time is available.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
• Master's degree in accounting or tax, JD or LLM a plus
• CPA, law license, or EA designation strongly preferred
• Tax preparation experience (3+ years preferred)
• Tax research experience (1+ years required)
• Technical analysis and writing experience (1+ years required)
• Experience with bookkeeping software, including QuickBooks
• Strong attention to detail
• Driven self-starter requiring little oversight, who takes pride in their work
• Interested in improving processes
• Ability to multitask and organize workload
• Ability to learn new software applications quickly
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Experience with complex C corp, S corp, and partnership tax computations and filings
POSITION TYPE, EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK, AND PAY:
Part time: Approx. 20 hours per week. Full time (30 hours per week) salaried available.