Vaco is partnering with an accounting firm that is looking to hire seasonal tax preparers who fits their culture, vision, work ethic and team. The Public Accounting firm's vision is to serve clients and coworkers in a manner which shows care, and provide exceptional value through trusted advice and real relationships. The company culture builds character, strengthens individuals, and nurtures families.
If you are looking for a company that will invest, motivate and inspire you to aim high, this company is the place to be.
We have availabilities available for both part time and full time engagements.
Please see below for more details on the role and qualifications.
- Filing all Federal, State and Local Excise tax returns for states in which we deliver product.
- Filing State Sales and Use Tax returns for all states in which we deliver product or do business.
- Routine reconciliation of all tax accounts to insure accuracy.
- Monitor Federal and State tax law changes to ensure company compliance when filing.
- Attend and participate in conferences/seminars relating to Motor Fuel taxes.
- Update tax rates/percentages in Fuel Sales database to stay in compliance with tax changes.
- Verify accuracy and process company vehicle excise tax bills ensuring payment by due date.
- Notify management of and assist with any necessary appeals of tax assessments.
- Maintain accurate records of all tax filings, changes in law, communications with tax offices.
- Ensure all applicable Motor Fuel Supplier licenses/permits are in place and current for every state that company conducts deliveries/business.
- Responsible for timely reporting and processing for payment of all State and Federal tax liabilities.
- Responsible for timely reporting and processing for payment of all Personal Property tax liabilities.
- Assist in all State and Federal audits.
- Provide General Ledger System support as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist in other tax projects as needed.
- 2-5 years' experience in a similar role in public accounting.
- Recent Tax prep experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Enrolled Agent preferred but not required.
- QuickBooks experience.