Purpose of the Job
The Talent Acquisition Specialist proactively identifies the best candidates for hire by sourcing and building a network of potential employees via internal and external resources that match needed qualifications, competencies and the culture of Truliant based on collaborative intake meetings with Truliant's hiring managers with staff vacancies. The Talent Acquisition Specialist manages the entire recruiting life cycle for assigned staff vacancies from sourcing to onboarding for talent that best matches needs and ensure a strong start for the new employee.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the entire recruiting life cycle of assigned staff vacancies.
- Initiates and conducts thorough intake meetings that promotes a collaborative relationship with hiring managers to determine needs for new and existing staff vacancies.
- Conducts approval process for staff vacancies and then posts, updates and maintains posting accordingly.
- Sources talent that best fits needs via our Applicant Tracking System (ATS), current staff, employee referrals, social media, career fairs, a group of diverse sourcing sites and other resources to build a network of potential candidates.
- Conducts phone screens, resume assessments and pre-employment testing with talent that matches needs for staff vacancies. Makes recommendations for which candidates to move forward or decline in the interviewing process.
- Educates and guides hiring managers through the interviewing and recruiting process (i.e. proper interviewing skills, applicant selection via ATS, determining start dates, candidate advocating etc.).
- Researches and participates in external job/career fairs as well as participates in Truliant-led career fairs.
- Performs background, bondability, credit, and reference checks and follows processes based on outcomes
- Prepares and maintains offer of employment and candidate declines both internally and externally.
- Responds to needs of potential candidates and internal employees seeking information regarding employment opportunities.
- Participates in the new hire orientation process; reviews new hire paperwork with new employees.
- Assists Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist with administrative work as needed.
- Maintains effective relationships with local professional and diverse organizations, colleges and universities that generate an increased candidate pool.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have intermediate skills in MS Excel and Word
- Must have superior interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, flexible, compassionate
- Must be resourceful and well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment required
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must have the ability to research and analyze various type of data information
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant's members and employees
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with all levels of leadership
- Must possess and exhibit positive attitude for role, company and when working with other employees
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor's degree, Associate's degree or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of 2 years previous recruiting/talent acquisition experience required
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred