Knowesis is currently seeking a Tableau Developer to perform analytics and data visualization services using Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, and Prep Builder to support duties associated with the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Inspector General (OIG).
U.S. Citizenship Required (applicants without proof of US citizenship will not be considered due to the position's security clearance requirement)
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Tableau developer and Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Create interactive filters, parameters, and calculations for dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with data stewards to test, clean, and standardize data to meet the business requirements.
- Utilize Python, R, and/or SQL in data analytics to collect, understand, transform, cleanse, store, and share data in a privacy-preserving way (ETL).
- Identify patterns and meaningful insights from data through qualitative and quantitative analysis, including but not limited to predictive modeling and data mining.
- Prepares reports and presentations that accurately convey data trends and associated analysis.
- Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods, and targets.
- Work side-by-side with data scientists and analysts to define problems, build models, and perform analysis to identify and implement recommendations.
- Assist in testing, governance, data quality, training, and documentation efforts.
- Communicate with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data visualization strategy.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience implementing advance techniques using Tableau.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and editing technical documentation.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Knowledge of modern programming languages, including R and/or Python.
- Strong command of SQL.
A qualified candidate will:
- Proficient in data visualization tools to design reports and graphs to identify autonomous patterns and behaviors
- Certified Tableau Professional (Desktop).
- Have the ability to quickly interpret the client's business questions, compile requirements, and develop prototype solutions.
- Be able to read, write, and speak English fluently and clearly in order to effectively communicate with all personnel for which they will interact.
- Have the ability to communicate with sufficient clarity to be readily understood by laypersons, senior officials, and Government staff.
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, and social sensitivity such that they can relate constructively to a variety of contacts from diverse backgrounds.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or an associated technical discipline with five (5) years minimum experience in data visualization and analytics.
Location: Remote | DMV area
* Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Knowesis, Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)