We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.Company :
Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id :
55983 Job Title :
TA Craft Recruiting Lead - Construction - Remote United States Location :
USVRTL Business Unit Sector :
COR-CORP-HR Opportunity Type :
Staff Relocation eligible :
No Full time/Part time :
Full-Time Project Only Hire :
No Visa Sponsorship Available:
No Job Summary
Responsible for providing staffing services to hiring managers of assigned division(s), forconstruction projects, which involve sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring for complex or a diverse set of jobs. Conducts complex sourcing searches, as needed. Assesses the needs in recruitment and compensation adjustments. Additionally responsible for providing HR Generalist support and assisting with special projects, as assigned. Conducts forecasting, planning, exit interviews and assists with reduction in force activities. Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws governing employment process.Key Responsibilities
• Provides recruiting services to hiring managers and department heads. Fills open requisitions as assigned. Identifies & recommends qualified internal & external candidates. Determines appropriate recruiting strategies utilizing the most efficient and cost-effective methods. Conducts interviews, meets with hiring managers to determine the top candidates, establishes salary, checks references and extends verbal and written employment offers. Participates in client meetings.
• Recommends starting salaries, promotions, salary increases, steps for progressive discipline and termination. Obtains approval from Staffing Director & Employee Relations Director on terminations.
• Participates in reduction in force and management termination activities.
• Informs or advises Division HR Director regarding staffing or termination activities and issues.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Serves on various project teams or committees, as assigned.
• May provide employee relations support to managers, department heads and employees as they pertain to staffing activities.
• May act on behalf of the Staffing Director in their absence, as assigned.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Assists with planning and forecasting for all construction project needs.
• Must be able to travel a minimum of 30-40% of the time.
• Supervisor experience.
• Experience with HR compliance and knowledge of outreach and sourcing.
• May conduct Training Classes.
• Assist with construction project setup and planning. Management ResponsibilitiesPreferred Qualifications
8+ years progressive craft recruiting experience; significant head hunting/sourcing experience preferred.
Interviewing, Employment Law, EEO/AAP and Problem Solving/Conflict Management, 7 Habits
Bachelor's degree or equivalent HR experience. PHR/ SPHR Certification preferred.Minimum Qualifications
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following:
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Typical office environment
Extensive Sitting, Keyboarding, and Telephone Usage. Limited Lifting/carrying of files and boxesCompetenciesSalary Plan
ADM: Administrative/BusinessJob Grade
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1- or via our accommodations request form . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here . If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here .Notice to External Search Firms
: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.