EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. on Twitter.
Hughes Network Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Support Engineer This position is located at our Germantown, MD office. Key responsibilities include support and maintenance of the UAT and Production environments, providing support to Business testers as needed and improving the overall time-to-market duration of software releases. This position provides an opportunity to get a full system view and work on various aspects of the system.Responsibilities:
- Day to day support of multiple Production and Test environments for Domestic and International Business Systems.
- Installation, configuration, deployment, testing and verification of deployed software and support aspects with other members of the team.
- Resolve challenges faced by customers in their daily operations
- Analyze business systems and find design gaps
- Communicate and escalate issues to the development organization
- Identify recurring problems and build the tools and processes to prevent future occurrences
- Build the tools and processes to help quickly triage issues and identify the component(s) that need to be fixed
- Upgrade and patching of COTS and deploying application software and COTS releases/upgrades per deployment schedules.
- Design & Develop test automation tools using Python, Perl, Selenium, REST API and UNIX Shell scripts
- Bachelors in computer science, computer engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Previous experience with Linux & Windows Operating Systems, Linux shell, Perl, Python or similar scripting languages
- Masters in computer science, computer engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills, effective problem solving, documentation, configuration and interpersonal/team skills
- Knowledge of Oracle, MSSQL or other Database software
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP XML/JSON API's
- Knowledge of administering different COTS products, such as: Apache, JBoss, Salesforce, Anthos, MongoDB
- Knowledge of VMWare, containers and other virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of networking technologies - LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6, switching, routing
- Experience with writing programs/scripts to automate manual tasks using Ansible, Selenium or other automation software
- Hands-on technical experience with LAN/WAN operations, Network protocols, UNIX or Linux Operating systems, and/or networking hardware
- Experience supporting F5 technologies
- Certification on any of the following F5 products: LTM, GTM, ASM or AFM
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all-from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
- Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
- Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
- Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.