The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Strategy, Education, and Operations will have broad multifunction management responsibilities of Time4Learning's (T4L) strategy and operations. T4L is a fast growing $40M division of Cambium Learning. The individual will oversee both the delivery of the company's current homeschool product portfolio and the creation of the roadmap to maintain and extend the product line. This role reports to the president and founder. The individual should have strong leadership skills including experience managing in rapidly evolving markets which is the current situation for K12 education market for products and services for homeschoolers and consumers. While T4L's marketing, engineering, finance, and customer support functions are strong: the SVP will provide the market, product, and organizational vision and also help guide these functions to work collaboratively on a coherent approach to an evolving business.
- To shape and manage T4L's product strategy, roadmap, and features for the Time4Learning product, add-ons to T4L, and any other products that can be added successfully. This requires drawing on market trends, insights from adjacent markets, knowledge of best practices in education, customer feedback, and developments in EdTech.
- To manage the T4L product line including the development, licensing, affiliate marketing, or acquisition of product lines. Currently, there is a development project to build an elementary level social studies curriculum which will be the direct responsibility of the SVP. Additionally, there are product opportunities to consider with coding, music, art, and an array of electives.
- To work closely with the management team to evaluate, define, and coordinate the vision and specifics of the T4L strategy including our mission, competitive advantage, and key growth opportunities.
- Contribute to increasing Time4Learning's market share including bookings and profit both by selling more to existing customers and by winning new customers.
- To define the marketing requirements for products and manage the product enhancement process by translating user testing and customer support feedback into feature/function requirements.
- To work with Marketing, Engineering, and Customer Service to ensure effective coordination and focus on the key priorities.
The successful candidate must be ready for an entrepreneurial leadership role and have extensive experience in and knowledge of K12 education, EdTech products, and consumer marketing. The challenge is to lead in delivering education services through a digital and direct-to-consumer model.
- Strong communication skills in formal business settings, as a corporate / product spokesperson, and as a manager of staff.
- Bachelor's degree in technology-related or business-related field with at least 5 - 7 years of executive level product development and/or management experience. MBA, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience creating a product vision in both/either consumer technology services or for K12 education. (Relevant experience includes performing competitive analysis, understanding, and defining business strategy, and researching user needs.)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, entrepreneurial multifunctional environment.
- Demonstrate a strong overall executive presence and the capacity to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels within the organization (internally and externally)
- Experience in management consulting, business strategy, strategic finance, or M&A preferred.
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy. Proven ability to create a 'big vision' and the drive to turn vision into reality.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive deep into understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape; general manager/owner mentality.
- Familiarity with the homeschool market is a plus.