Join Vimeo’s Customer Support team as a Support Specialist II, where you will play a crucial role in our expanding language support initiative. The ideal candidate possesses native proficiency in Japanese, along with fluency in English, will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for deep-diving into technical troubleshooting and providing the highest quality responses to incoming user questions.
This role will report to a Customer Support Manager/ Senior Manager and will contribute directly to Vimeo’s Support efforts – with a focus on troubleshooting and responding to escalated issues, contributing towards insights reporting, and collaborating with teammates to ensure the highest quality support.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a consistent 5 day work schedule with the ability to work standart Japanese business hours.
What your day will look like:
- Deliver high-quality, timely responses to support tickets received via email, phone or chat
- Focuses on resolving complex issues in various product areas, requiring highly customized responses and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Collaborate with Support teammates around the globe to help manage ticket queues and troubleshoot issues reported by users as well as staff
- Utilize and contribute to support-related documentation, processes, and workflows
- Provide DESS (Dedicated Enterprise Support Specialists) services to our Platinum customers to ensure customer expectations and satisfaction are met
- Assist in tracking and reporting on customer pain points, feature requests, and other feedback to be shared with Product and Engineering stakeholders
- Be an expert in all things Vimeo so that you can effortlessly translate complicated technical concepts into direct and effective terms for customers to understand
- Continuously update your knowledge with product developments, policy changes, known issues, and user feedback.
- Run point on outages or other severe issues, updating our public-facing status page and updating the global Support team as there are developments
- Other projects as assigned
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 2+ years in a support/customer service role/experience and a passion for achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Proficient with video or live streaming technology and other technical concepts and processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Japanese as well as English.
- A knack for investigating unexpected technical issues and determining the cause(s)
- Ability to support our global customer base in a 24/7/365 environment
- A quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Experience in a omni-channel support organization, providing support via tickets, phone and chat
- Proactive mindset in approaching day to day work
- Experience with Zendesk or other ticketing systems is a plus