Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it.
So, calling all curious. Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future. Where the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.
This is a remote opportunity in the Connecticut area.
- Perform assessments of the suppliers capability to perform and sustain performance through the SHA (Supplier Health Assessment)
- Engage the supplier to complete the diagnosis in the Gemba and work with the supplier to develop a comprehensive gap (SCIP) plan
- Conduct weekly training and coaching on-site at the supplier to develop their team
- Follow-up with the PW and supplier team to validate the gap plan and monitor progress to ensure the benefits are being achieved
- Establish leading indicators of performance and track weekly, on-site at supplier
- Intervene to expedite deliveries and/or resolve quality issues as required, (supplier stabilization)
- BS degree in Manufacturing, Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or related field
- Preferred candidate will have Master's degree in management or technical field
- (CORE) ACE Certification Program (ACP) Practitioner Operations preferred, Business Process Practitioner optional
- Six-Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt preferred
- (RTX) UTC SHA certified assessor preferred
- (Global Trade) ITC / BAER experience preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years in Operations, Quality, and/or Continuous Improvement roles
- Strong Leadership skills and a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in business performance using (CORE) ACE tools
- Highly effective team player able to develop and sustain team commitment and ownership
- Hands on experience with strong structured project management and problem-solving skills in using (CORE) ACE tools
- Ability to work and communicate with the entire workforce: from convincing a shop floor operator to try a new work sequence to having strategic discussions with both PW supply chain team and supplier leadership team about overall approach and focus for (Performance+) Supplier Gold
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can act with little guidance
- Ability to initiate, lead and sustain change activities at the supplier
- Highly adaptable person