SMX 2024 Summer Internship - Data and Software Engineering
SMX is excited to offer an exceptional opportunity for a Summer 2024 Internship within our Digital Solutions Group (DSG) and Mission Solutions Group (MSG) teams! We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for information security, programming, data science, and more.
As an intern, you will gain exposure to a wide range of Information Systems processes, infrastructure, and applications, providing valuable insights into our mission-driven business. We are looking for candidates with strong business acumen and a passion for managing projects from start to finish.
- Participate in two four-week rotations in the areas of Data and Software Engineering.
- Work on a meaningful target project throughout the duration of the internship and present it to leadership.
- Attend departmental "Lunch and Learn" meetings with SMX leaders.
- Engage in meetings, calls, and gatherings with your rotational teams.
- Complete assigned learning modules relevant to each rotation.
- Benefit from the guidance and support of an SMX Mentor.
- Attend internship social events, internal networking events, and community volunteer events.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- A curious mind, a willingness to collaborate in a team environment, and openness to learning and trying new concepts.
- Strong critical thinking skills and a proactive approach to seeking knowledge and asking questions.
- Ability to contribute to research, analysis, and problem-solving using various tools and techniques.
- Capability to produce high-quality work that meets professional standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Willingness to embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Must be enrolled full-time and pursuing an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance (note: US Citizenship may be required for work under DoD contracts).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
We look forward to welcoming interns who are in the local Herndon, VA area, as onsite presence will be required for onsite training, community events and networking opportunities.
If you are ready to embark on an enriching internship experience with SMX, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We can't wait to meet you and support your professional growth!