JOB SUMMARY: The Strategic Sales Professional for Kinedyne's Curtainside and Decking Solutions Market Segments is a consultative sales expert responsible for revenue growth and market share penetration in the US and Canada. Success will be in large part measured by closing new deals with large and enterprise customer accounts in target markets including the food and beverage, construction, and heavy goods industries. The Strategic Sales Professional will add value by educating North America's largest private fleet owners on the many innovative ways that Kinedyne can optimize their transportation and logistics assets.
The ideal candidate will be a hunter-highly motivated, goal-oriented, and innovative in developing successful sales strategies. This individual is obsessed with new business as they steadily drive new sales. They know how to effectively develop relationships and showcase products with a mindset to consistently close the deal. This type of salesperson is driven to constantly achieve and exceed sales goals.
This position is remote in the United States (preference for Central and Eastern Time Zones).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None. This is an individual contributor opportunity.
• Develop a pipeline of new business within North America (with a focus on US and Canada, initially) through prospecting and cold calling, face-to-face meetings, networking, and closing new deals selling Kinedyne Curtainside and Decking solutions and services to multi-national, large, and enterprise customer accounts.
• Conduct sales pitches and presentations to fleet, operations, safety, and procurement managers/directors.
• Own the sales cycle from lead generation through closing and the entire strategic deal process from lead to closure.
• Develop winning sales proposals and respond to complex RFP's (Requests for Proposal).
• Uncover RFP opportunities and lead RFP and new business processes from beginning to end.
• Perform extensive market research and prospect qualification through independently acquired data as well as external market intelligence reports.
• Develop and execute a business plan that will generate hyper revenue growth and exceed the sales quotas set by the company.
• Have continuous engagement with customers to maintain close relationships and ensure ongoing success with accounts throughout the entire customer buying journey.
• Partner with Kinedyne's Market Segment Leaders, Sales Directors, and Account Executives along with Customer Support and the Operations teams to enhance the customer experience and to keep customer satisfaction and retention rates high
• Lead revenue generation for the US and Canada territories and have overall responsibility for winning new business, by the following:
o Developing and leading large, complex sales opportunities with multinational organizations leveraging a multi-level sales approach.
o Creating relationships with key strategic partners to develop a winning go-to-market strategy, including lead generation programs and sales plans for the markets.
o Collaborating with Marketing to drive awareness and creative lead generation campaigns in the US and Canadian Markets.
o Creating strategic accounts plans to expand customer relations within enterprise customers and to identify opportunities at early stage to increase our share of wallet.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Kinedyne products (features, advantages, benefits); of corporate procedures and processes; and of federal, state, and local regulations that apply to the heavy-duty trucking industry and cargo control.
• Efficiently plan and maximize sales trips with respect to time, expense, and customer demand.
• Join and participate in industry associations, meetings, and events.
• Attend trade shows, conferences, customer open houses, and customer functions.
• Attend regular sales meetings and conference calls.
• Significant travel, normally 50% of the time, which will include driving, flying, and overnight travel. Some weekends may be required.
• The amount of travel is dependent on business and environmental conditions. Flexibility is required to drive goals and objectives virtually, as conditions warrant.
• Visits to customer facilities including, but not limited to, the following: industrial locations, truck fleet shops, truck stops, and parts departments.
• Work from a home office on a routine basis.
• Customer Focus - Understanding who your customer is and their needs.
• Dealing with Ambiguity - Comfortable dealing with change and situations in which a clear answer has yet to be discovered.
• Drive for Results - Identifying key goals and using all available people and resources to get there.
• Priority Setting - Knowing what comes first.
• Highly competitive with a motivated sales hunter mentality.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and public presentation skills.
• Strong social skills including interpersonal, telephone, and email skills to successfully collaborate and communicate with a variety of personalities.
• Ability to maintain a professional, organized, and positive demeanor, even when dealing with difficult situations.
• Ability to think and operate on the fly, to assess situations, to weigh options, and to make sound business decisions.
• Ability to maintain accountability and prioritize tasks.
• A team player, able to work effectively with senior management and cross-functional department leaders as well as a wide variety of other team members.
• Ability to articulate client strategies by using industry knowledge to expand business opportunities.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to overcome objections.
• Frequent travel-overnights, long car rides, air travel.
• Long hours at trade shows and customer functions.
• Frequent computer use (sitting for extended periods, typing, viewing screen, use of mouse).
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Competent keyboarding skills. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, and also LinkedIn.
• Strong time management and territory development skills.
• Proficiency in mathematics to calculate margins, pricing, and profits.
• Ability to independently author or collaborate on annual Curtainside and Decking Segment strategies including a robust marketing plan for each market segment and ideal customer profile.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably with a focus on Business or Marketing.
• Must have a passion for continuous learning and professional development.
• At least five years of outside sales experience required, specifically selling in key customer segments.
• More than five years of outside sales experience preferred.
• A combination of years of experience, advanced education, and industry-specific training and experience may be considered in lieu of the minimum requirement.
• A true sales hunter with a strong track record of consistent enterprise sales overachievement.
• Track record of navigating large, complex deals and consistently achieving and exceeding quotas.
• Experienced in networking sales preferably in key customer segments (food and beverage, construction, heavy goods)
• Experience defining winning go-to-market and sales strategies with a strong aptitude for business strategy.
• Experience with complex enterprise sales, identification of pain points, and delivery of solutions.
• Experience driving revenue with large, national customers and shippers.
• Proven industry track record of winning new business and building strategic partnerships.
• Ability to transition/leverage a current book of business and/or contacts.