GovCIO is a team of transformers--people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Gathers information concerning the capabilities of Company products; investigates the technical capabilities of Company products and competing equipment and/or solutions; stays abreast of developments in hardware and software. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and ensures requirements comply through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into network and system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower-level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall network and system development. Designs interfaces and brings network and system elements together, so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Installs all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Designs, creates, and builds network services, equipment, and devices.
- Generates system-level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Supports day-to-day operations for NetApp storage and VMware virtualization services in a multi-node and multiple-classification environment
- Primary escalation point for enterprise storage-related problems
- Supports security control implementation actions as needed
- Provides support for Tier 1/2/3 team members with storage/virtualization needs
- Assists other system administrators with troubleshooting client/host storage problems on Microsoft and Unix-based platforms
- Performs preventative maintenance on storage/virtualization systems
- Creates/maintains application and security documentation as needed
- Provides SME support to command leadership with storage/virtualization needs
- Consults and advises government customer with best practice implementations as well as planned lifecycle processes
- Administers NetApp via command line, PowerShell, and System Manager
- Performs daily capacity management and storage provisioning
- Configures and maintains NetApp network interface management
- Manages NetApp SVM/Vservers as needed
- Daily management of NetApp CIFS/NFS/ISCSI protocols
- Maintains VMware ESXi hosts to include security hardening, upgrades, and preventative maintenance
- Administers VMware via command line and GUI
- Creates/deploys virtual machines from clones, templates, and PXE deployments
- Performs nondisruptive NetApp and VMware functional level upgrades
- Troubleshoots ESXi physical host performance issues
- Supports customer requests for data archiving efforts
- Supports system upgrade efforts for storage and virtualization system
- Configures and maintains backups, restores, and recovery efforts
- Supports customer with project-level initiatives independently and provides multiple COAs as required
- Good communication skills
- Must work well independently and as part of a team
- High School with 10+ years (or commensurate experience)
- Active TS w/ SCI eligibility
- DoD 8570 compliant with IAT Level II (as a minimum)
- Position requires on-site support at Quantico, VA with telework flexibility at the customer's discretion
- Current NetApp Certification (NCDA/NCIE) or VMware Certification (VCP 6.7 or newer)
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of heavily focused experience withÂ NetApp Data ONTAP (C-DOT) 9.7 and higher
- 6+ years of heavily focused experience withÂ VMware Virtualization
- 10+ years of progressively increasing integrated systems support
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with NetApp SnapCenter for backup and restore routines (MS Exchange, MS SQL, VMware)
- Familiarity with CISCO UCS in a NetApp FlexPod design
- Familiarity with CISCO HyperFlex
- Familiarity with AWS destination replication