EY GigNow currently has both preparation and review opportunities for a Seasonal - State and Local Tax Professional to lend subject matter knowledge around state income tax returns for our FSO (Financial Services Office).
- Preparation and/or Review of state income tax returns and tax notices.
- Working hands on with client Income franchise tax/corporate compliance
- Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients
- Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor -- developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related discipline
- Preferred for Preparers: CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, or membership of a state bar
- Required for Reviewers: CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation, or membership of a state bar
- Professional knowledge in a broad range of state and local Income/franchise tax processes, concepts and tools
- The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects - Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
- Good Excel skills and other tax software