"You Lead the Way. We've Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible - and we're proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day."
Are you interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions?
American Express has embarked on an exciting journey for our Financial Data Engineering platform. This platform acquires and processes all of the company's financial data,and is the backbone of our controllership and regulatory processes.
The team working on this platform is forward-thinking, creative, multi-functional and collaborative. In this role, you will drive the technical design and implementation of our financial technology platforms.
You will be a key engineer that influences the future of finance technology at American Express.What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute as a hands-on core member of a high-impact team that takes ownership and drives the design and implementation of cutting-edge software applications that empower our customers.
- Contribute to our modern Finance Technology platforms; write code and tests with a focus on quality, performance and resilience.
- Lead experimentation and proofs of concept of new open source technologies to solve existing needs and future challenges. Influence the technology adoption for the finance technology platform and broader company platforms.
- Continuously improve our platform by refactoring and optimizing our platform,while using these efforts to mentor and teach other members of our engineering community.
- Design and develop modern microservices running on a cloud-native and cloud-agnostic platform.
- Developing a deep understanding of innovative technology and how that technology can influence the finance technology industry.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Java, Go (Golang), or a similar language with a strong desire to learn new languages.
- Hands on experience in building distributed micro-service systems and experience with service mesh products is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Docker.
- Have experience in designing and building cloud-native applications. Experience in Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience in using modern database technologies and distributed messaging systems is a plus.
- Experience with in-memory computing platforms - e.g., Apache Flink, GridGain - is a plus.
- Awareness of the challenges of distributed systems and practices of building highly resilient platforms.
- Experience working in a DevOps model and Scrums teams.
- An affinity to connect with openness and transparency and a passion to learn new technologies and optimize them to their potential.
Our Tech Stack
This role is for a specialized group within American Express Technology. We work with the below technologies daily:
- Java is the primary language that powers our platform.
- Our services run on a variety of infrastructure technologies, including Kubernetes, virtual machines, and even bare metal. Breadth of experience and/or a systems administration background is a plus.
- We monitor our systems using technologies like Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, and Jaeger.
- We manage configuration and secrets using open source tools such as Consul and Vault.
- We use modern database technologies as well as several third party commercial products
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 3:15:32 PM