Location: US remote-friendly
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Advertising is Reddit’s primary revenue driver and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities. We believe our community-centric platform has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a highly differentiated ads business.
We are looking for a results-oriented and strategically minded Product Data Scientist to work with our Ads Platform product team on launching new products to improve the Advertiser experience creating & managing campaigns on Reddit. You will partner closely with cross functional team members such as Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, etc. in utilizing data to drive product strategy and unlock novel ways to improve the advertiser experience.
If helping Reddit’s advertising business reach the next level excites you, then you’ve found the right place. We’re a company with one of the highest employee : user ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope & impact.
How You'll Have Impact:
- Partner with the product engineering team working on the Ads Platform. Providing thought partnership on products like the Reddit ads manager, advertiser API, & advertiser onboarding.
- Collaborate with product teams on all aspects of development - everything from product ideation to experiment analysis to KPI reporting
- Drive product-oriented research projects to identify new opportunities for the Ads Platform team to pursue
- Organize data by designing table schemas, data pipelines, aggregations, alerts and general data infrastructure for the ads organization.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org (consisting of Data Science, Data Engineering, Experimentation, and Core ML), leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
- Act as an owner by partnering with the Ads Platform team on product development
- Become an expert on the advertiser experience at Reddit - designing & analyzing experiments to test improvements to our platform
- Build KPI reporting & ETLs to track the performance of Reddit’s Ads Platform team
- Learn how Advertisers interact with the Reddit platform and research how their experience could be improved
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers to develop go to market strategies and drive product adoption
- Partner with the Ads Engineering team to understand new data & schemas and ensure the data we log in new products is accurate
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Influence and guide product strategy with data
- Able to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience in online advertising & ads marketplaces
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off