What this job can offer you
- Complex and meaningful challenges — solving them will enable people and businesses to live and operate in any country of the world.
- Opportunity to have a significant impact on the business — we are still very early in our journey as a company, and each change you make today is amplified by the company's growth.
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture - read more about our practices and work ethic here.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups, recurring meetings or other ceremonies.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO and a set of perks and benefits.
- A supportive and kind work environment where you can grow and challenge yourself to do your best work.
What you bring
- Significant experience as a Staff Backend Engineer, which includes building and maintaining complex software, scaling large codebases, software systems and engineering teams
- Solid knowledge and experience in Elixir and Postgres (or similar database)
- Experience in scaling a software system to a large number of contributors and teams
- Experience of mentoring and helping people develop in their careers
- You'll report to: Engineering Manager or Engineering Director
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $71700 USD - $241900 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
Working as a Staff Engineer at Remote
Inside Remote software engineering jobs, you can read more about what it's like to be a Staff Engineer here via this link.
Roughly 6 hours across 6 weeks
- Screening call with a Recruiter
- Interview with an Engineering Manager
- (async) Code exercise
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Interview with Engineering Director
- Prior employment verification check