As a Staff Software Engineer at Apollo, you will take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to significantly complex, unscoped problems. Your work will extend to many parts of a domain and may begin to influence your entire department or domain. Your team's work will align engineering priorities to Apollo's business and engineering priorities to realize meaningful impact. You'll improve the overall quality of engineering done on your team and consistently take steps to support the growth and the success of your teammates.
- Participate in key technical decision-making discussions such as sprint planning, software design, and code reviews
- Help build and scale a world-class engineering team by interviewing and referral.
- Hold systematic weekly 1:1 touch points with engineers to deliver and receive quality feedback
- Set technical direction and overseeing engineering projects working alongside the CTO on deciding the technology roadmap.
- Mentor and sponsorship - the best way to grow those around you is by creating an active practice of mentorship and sponsorship. Maintaining relationships and developing a positive team culture
- Provide objective and helpful quarterly performance feedback for engineers
- Problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- Experience in software development using a general-purpose programming language (e.g., Java, Python etc).
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems design.
Great to have skills:
- Familiarity with Big Data Technologies, Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, DevOps
Apollo tech stack:
- React/Redux/NodeJS on the front-end
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails/Python/MongoDB/Elasticsearch on the backend
- Kubernetes/Docker/Ansible/Terraform for infrastructure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as our cloud provider