Contributing member of the accounting team in the Finance Department with specific responsibilities to analyze financial information and prepare account reconciliations and financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review journal entries which make appropriate adjustments to the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Prepare and review routine account reconciliations for balance sheet and certain expense accounts
- Maintain spreadsheets to analyze account activity, complete fluctuation analysis, and provide meaningful explanations to Finance Management
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
- Integral member of the year-end financial close process, including preparation of audit schedules for external auditors.
- Maintain fundamental understanding of all general accounting systems and functions, and continually evaluate processes and look for opportunities to improve
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Self-motivated individual who is able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced business climate with the ability to capture and process information quickly
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and software, for business applications (Excel required)
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years General Ledger accounting experience, or applicable internships
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, speak, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers for data entry. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W.B. Mason Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.