Title: SRE - Site Reliability Engineer - Mid-Level Duration: 12 months
Location: 100% Remote
- We are looking for a skilled engineer with disciplines that incorporateaspects of software systems engineering and operations.
- We are combining theseskills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications.
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support.
- 3-5 years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues.
- 3- 5 years of experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements.
- Hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities.
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine.
- Knowledge of IP networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures.
- Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning.
- Development experience in one or more or programming languages such as .Net, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ.
- Working knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues.
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment.
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system.
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently resolve issues and bring results back to the team.
- Exposure to Site Reliability Engineer practice.
- Application support in production, troubleshooting of customer impacting issues, working with application teams on RCA and resolution, planning safe deployment of applications in production
- Experience in supporting applications deployed in distributed windows platform
- Experience in Application monitoring and alerting.
- Use of tools like Splunk for monitoring and alerting
- Exposure to Cloud operations
NOTE: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, SPECTRAFORCE and the assigned client reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Benefits: SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances. Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral bonus program. SPECTRAFORCE offers unpaid leave as well as paid sick leave when required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at if you require a reasonable accommodation.
For the full list of our open positions, please check
- provided by Dice