Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an experienced Writer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love collaborating with talented developers to create genre-defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey. The ideal candidate has a mastery of storytelling and understands the deep partnership between gameplay and narrative. This individual will be responsible for crafting powerful storylines, strong character arcs, and compelling dialogue.
***Please provide a sample of your best work, ideally in a script format, but other forms are acceptable if a script is not available.***
- Work closely with the Lead Writer and all members of the writing team to create compelling stories, exceptional dialog, and bring characters to life with your words
- Partner with Narrative Designers to ensure that narrative systems support the plot and key narrative beats
- Utilize in-house tools to write, review, and polish your scripts
- Work with the project directors, leads and producers to support interdisciplinary collaboration across art, animation, design, audio, programming, and user research to reach project goals
- Maintain a studio environment and team culture that supports a quality focused experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a professional writing role including multiple published works or shipped games
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title in a writing role
- Knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design, with an understanding of different narrative systems/delivery mechanisms
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback
- Strong collaboration, communication, writing skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Experience working through all phases of writing within AAA game development