The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The User Experience organization is a multi-disciplinary service organization that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization is comprised of Product Designers, UX Architects, Content Writers, Design Research and Usability Analysts, Creative Technologists and Visual Designers that come together to design delightful experiences.
The Sr UX Designer-Design System is responsible for defining and delivering the experience of the products built in the CompoZed Labs, to be usable, useful, and enjoyable. This person will work directly with product managers, developers, users/customers, and stakeholders to define, design, and ship products and/or services. Working in an Agile XP environment ensures that the pace of delivery is fast yet sustainable. Their commitment to quick feedback loops focuses on lean and weighs outcomes over deliverables.Key Responsibilities
• Ability to design & envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment without overly obsessing about getting it right the first time
• Works very closely with another product designer as a design pair in an engagement
• Helps product managers assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints and features
• Shepard product decisions through user research, user flows, design concepts and iterative user feedback sessions
• Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be tested and validated quickly
• Conduct frequent & appropriate user research, testing and analysis
• Create a functioning live deliverable/working code that will replace heavy and unusable documentation
• Ability to immerse themselves in the details of a project, one engagement at a time
• Isn't afraid to make daily product decisions with the product manager and developers
• Leverages data-driven & analytical to drive decisions
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit and isn't afraid to do whatever it takes to produce the right product
• Functions more as a design facilitator than an expert designer who knows it all
• Is open to feedback and engages in active listening
• Motivated to continuously learn new skills and capabilities that they do not possess currently
• Will actively collaborate with others even if they are not in the same teamKnowledge/Skills/Abilities/Experience
• Bachelor's degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred. A Masters Degree in a design or research related field is desired.
• Has proficiency is more than one UX discipline: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design, and Front-end development.
• Has at least 5 years of experience designing full-service consumer or business applications.
• Solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and not be afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
• Experience using Lean UX methodologies on projects is required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills are required. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders, at any level.
• Open to feedback and engages in active listening to improve the practice of product design.
• Have an interest in innovation and continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of tools like Invision App, Sketch, Zeplin, and animation tools like Framer/Pixate is desired.
- Compensation range for this position is $100,000 - $135,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate's benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.