Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry's largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData™, TaxSource™ and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal condition of property title, primarily for residential properties. Copy or summarize recorded documents, which affect the condition of title to the property.
These roles may be found in production center or branch office environments. Actual work flow is typically determined by geographic practices. In some cases, the Title Examiner role gathers information and creates a commitment of title before passing along to a Title Officer. Works on assignments that are varied and complex requiring breadth and depth of experience. Senior level status is achieved after experiencing a variety of situations and mastering skills. Actively mentors less experienced team members and acts as a resource to provide input and knowledge. Has increased knowledge of state requirements.
This is a remote opportunity
* Examines chain of title primarily for residential properties but may expand into commercial and/or industrial
* Performs title examination of complex title orders requiring a high level of title expertise
* Abstracts and analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property and completeness of records
* Writes title products based on the interpretation and application of procedural guidelines
* Provides underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
* Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members
* May have customer contact
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Strong detail / quality orientation
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Customer service orientation
* Strong MS skill set
* Knowledge of legal terms used in title documents
* Able to read and decipher legal descriptions relating to title orders
* Strong knowledge of industry and company operating systems, tools and applications
* High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically requires 5+ years directly related experience and a demonstrated mastery of resources, skills and knowledge
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.