Fauna currently operates as a fully remote company and this position is open to applicants anywhere in the US.
Help build and drive the technical marketing at Fauna!
Fauna is the data API for modern applications. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You'll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
In this position, we're looking for a strong technical marketer with a passion for cloud infrastructure technology and databases. You are motivated to help developers and sales teams better understand Fauna's differentiated capabilities. You will own the technical content and enablement strategy that includes a variety of deliverables spanning blogs, white papers, competitive comparisons, benchmarks, calculators, decks, case studies, webinars etc. Your effort will help technical people understand Fauna features, use cases, comparisons, and solutions and help the market better understand Fauna's technology vision as a data API for client serverless applications.
This is a cross functional role that will require collaboration across product marketing, sales, demand generation, product development, and developer relations to identify the themes and topics for technical marketing, and produce content and enablement in various formats hands-on, as well as collaborate with external content producers when necessary.What You Will Do
- Own technical content and enablement describing product vision, features, solutions, comparisons, calculators, videos, FAQs etc. to guide a self-serve buyer's journey.
- Support demand generation, sales, customer success and developer relations teams in articulating Fauna's product vision based on our positioning framework.
- Support our PR efforts by translating technical vision into thought leadership and communications tailored to our strategic campaigns.
- Track competition and ensure that our website, collateral and communications adequately articulate Fauna's differentiation to the market.
- Assist our content managers in technical ideation, and help build quarterly editorial calendars to support various campaigns, measure and iterate.
- Collaborate with, and provide editorial services to internal and external writers.
- Become a subject matter expert and technical thought leader on topics not limited to databases, serverless, distributed systems, Jamstack, GraphQL and cloud-native development.
What You Will Bring
- Passion for building mindshare via content, willingness to experiment with new technologies, and a metrics-driven approach to execution.
- A technical degree and 4+ years as a technical marketing/developer marketing for databases or equivalent experience as developer relations, product marketing or consulting.
- A strong technical background in databases and the modern development ecosystem (APIs, Microservices, Serverless, Jamstack, GraphQL).
- Hands-on experience in creating technical content in various formats such as articles, blogs, white papers, decks, website pages, landing pages, ROI/pricing calculators, demo videos, technical comparisons etc.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with examples of work that demonstrates your command of grammar, and constructs for technical writing, copywriting, and editing.
- Creativity, opinions, curiosity, wit, humor, and a sense of collaboration in your creative process.
- Meticulous project management, and ability to coordinate and collaborate across teams, with an eye for details, schedules, and budgets.
- Bonus points for public speaking experience and desire to present in webinars, small and large groups, meetups and conferences
- Bonus points for demonstrated engagement on Twitter, Twitch, Dev.to and other developer-centric channels
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.